Buy, Lease or Finance?

Gotta look at tax credits when available too. I've been looking into a fully loaded Model X. I'd qualify for a 10,000 tax credit and possibly another $25,000 hummer tax (over 6,000lbs) and free supercharging for life as per Tesla rep. This requires financing the vehicle, however.

Depends on interest rates on what not. I agree with the advice given so far. Financing only for things you need. Buy outright.

Leasing is the best.

New car every 2-3 years
only worth it for executive trim cars (S class, 7 series) that depreciate like rocks and only then if you can tax deduct it as a business expense. In every other scenario, leasing is a losing game. Plus you cant even mod a leased car.

only worth it for executive trim cars (S class, 7 series) that depreciate like rocks and only then if you can tax deduct it as a business expense. In every other scenario, leasing is a losing game. Plus you cant even mod a leased car.

How is it losing if you like a new car every few years.

You can lease cheap cars for
Peanuts these days. It's the only sensible thing IMO. Plus everything is covered under warranty and when you finance a car you have to buy a new warranty and that's when you need to start making fixes on a car

Completely not worth it

Honestly though at the price point of an S class or 7 series I don't think those people are very 'price conscious' I mean those are $90k cars brand new. I don't think I'd ever even own an S class. It's nice to ride in but it has terrible MPG and it feels like your driving a freakin tank around.

You can always buy a vehicle cheaper by paying cash. The last vehicle I purchased new, the manufacturer was offering 0% for 36 months but I received a $6,000 discount for paying cash. The interest is built into the price.

Really? At several dealerships we went to, we did not see any incentive to buy with cash with a new car. I know with used car there is far more wiggle room.

Finance. I'll pay the bank the 1 or 2% to keep my money in my account.

Back