buvaisar saitiev

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
Its crazy how people always talk about dan gable as being the best wrestler of all time. They obviously are just mma or bjj fans who don't know a lick about wrestling. When Saitiev won 3 gold medals vs dans 1 is insane, plus his brother winning 2. But i was curious as to what he does nowadays? Him being the best free style guy of all time does he coach wrestling in russia?

Iv never seen any wrestling instructional s of him. With him being the best, ud think he would have videos up of how he likes to do certain things.

I don't think too many people would tell you Gable had the best career ever, but his Olympic run in 1972 was one of the greatest achievements in Olympic history. I don't know that anyone except maybe Karelin has ever dominated like that. He didn't get a point scored on him, even after being pretty badly injured in his first round match.

Not sure what Saitiev is doing these days. Probably hanging out in mountains coaching 8 years old wrestle bear cubs.

Iv never seen any wrestling instructional s of him. With him being the best, ud think he would have videos up of how he likes to do certain things.
There's a bunch of him teaching if you put his name into YouTube, and a bunch more if you put his name in Cyrillic (Бувайсар Сайтиев).

What he does these days is work front of house for Ramzan Kadyrov, sadly.

I don't think too many people would tell you Gable had the best career ever, but his Olympic run in 1972 was one of the greatest achievements in Olympic history. I don't know that anyone except maybe Karelin has ever dominated like that. He didn't get a point scored on him, even after being pretty badly injured in his first round match.

Not sure what Saitiev is doing these days. Probably hanging out in mountains coaching 8 years old wrestle bear cubs.

why didnt gable wrestle again though thats the thing if he lived wrestling like he claimed why not go for the gold again? was it cause he was so afraid hed ruin his rep? the reason u cant call him the greatest cause guys like john smith jordan burroughs actually won and they kept wrestling to be at the top level that long is crazy

who do you think is the best american wrestling coach id think kenny monday since he has actually fought mma and trained grappling to be able to show you how to set up takedowns for mma or kevin jackson who fought as well and taught btt back in the day

Saitiev does coach/train now but obviously not as he once did. He is one of the spokespeople beside Kadyrov, because that is what he does; hires well respected athletes because he thinks people will be more likely to listen to him than other people.

who do you think is the best american wrestling coach id think kenny monday since he has actually fought mma and trained grappling to be able to show you how to set up takedowns for mma or kevin jackson who fought as well and taught btt back in the day
I don't know if Kenny Johnson has students that compete in wrestling, but his MMA wrestling is among the best imo.

why didnt gable wrestle again though thats the thing if he lived wrestling like he claimed why not go for the gold again? was it cause he was so afraid hed ruin his rep? the reason u cant call him the greatest cause guys like john smith jordan burroughs actually won and they kept wrestling to be at the top level that long is crazy

Dan Gable's body was shot by the time he was 25. This is the reason why I do not like the Iowa style of Wrestling, they beat the shit out of each other in practice, and most of their bodies are shot by the time they are in their late 20s. Dave Schultz at the time that he was killed was 36, and was making a run for the Atlanta Olympics. Saitiev was close to 40 when he retired. As far as who was the most decorated wrestler in the US, I would have to go with John W. Smith, 6 consecutive World Championships including 2 Olympics.

Dan Gable's body was shot by the time he was 25. This is the reason why I do not like the Iowa style of Wrestling, they beat the shit out of each other in practice, and most of their bodies are shot by the time they are in their late 20s. Dave Schultz at the time that he was killed was 36, and was making a run for the Atlanta Olympics. Saitiev was close to 40 when he retired. As far as who was the most decorated wrestler in the US, I would have to go with John W. Smith, 6 consecutive World Championships including 2 Olympics.
i agree there why doesnt iowa realize this? that if we don't tone it down we cant compete at the world stage i guess they only care about them peaking for college but by the time college is over most are so burnt out they are done by the time the worlds or Olympics happen.

I don't know if Kenny Johnson has students that compete in wrestling, but his MMA wrestling is among the best imo.
id like to see henry cejudo do some wrestling techniques for mma given hes a gold medalist its crazy though at the lighter weights its almost impossible to keep a guy down he cant even keep top 5 guys down in that division and its not even stacked to wrestle fuck guys nowadays you need to be at least 155 to 170 guys are too athletic and pop right back up

i agree there why doesnt iowa realize this? that if we don't tone it down we cant compete at the world stage i guess they only care about them peaking for college but by the time college is over most are so burnt out they are done by the time the worlds or Olympics happen.

I think this is the exact reason why teams like Penn State, Oklahoma State, and Ohio State are starting to surpass Iowa. I think Iowa's best years are behind them.

I think this is the exact reason why teams like Penn State, Oklahoma State, and Ohio State are starting to surpass Iowa. I think Iowa's best years are behind them.
tom brands is now there coach as well who was under dan. dan retired like 10 years ago right but idk fi that has to do with it.. i heard he worked guys into the ground

tom brands is now there coach as well who was under dan. dan retired like 10 years ago right but idk fi that has to do with it.. i heard he worked guys into the ground

Tom Brands is the coach, he has the same coaching style as Gable, but nowhere near as likable.

So many things I want to correct or pop off on in this thread. Too tired from work.

And lol at at flicker trying to comment on wrestling like he's suddenly and expert. And do you even try before you post some of these threads..

He leads his right leg though.. idk if you can learn from it

So many things I want to correct or pop off on in this thread. Too tired from work.

And lol at at flicker trying to comment on wrestling like he's suddenly and expert. And do you even try before you post some of these threads..

He leads his right leg though.. idk if you can learn from i gsp never wrestled but he was known as the ebst wrestler in mma during his time due to how good he was at 5 basic things
Tom Brands is the coach, he has the same coaching style as Gable, but nowhere near as likable.

i read this book a long time ago about this guy who trained with terry and tom back in the day and talked about them being snobby cant remember what it was called

I got those videos in 10 seconds and that book was written over ten years ago

one guy said he'd rather go to prison than do the things gable made him do in training tbh he sounds like an arrogant sadist that gets off on making guys suffer trainers like that do way more damage than good idk if he really was that bad but if so yeah i like john smith the most though hes a super nice guy and alot of mma guys come from him

one guy said he'd rather go to prison than do the things gable made him do in training tbh he sounds like an arrogant sadist that gets off on making guys suffer trainers like that do way more damage than good idk if he really was that bad but if so yeah i like john smith the most though hes a super nice guy and alot of mma guys come from him

To be fair I don't think it is because Gable is a sadist, the guy is actually well liked, I think he expected his guys to train the way he did. Unfortunately, the hard nose, aggressive, rough style can only be done in a short window of time. However, you can not argue with Gables success in college wrestling, he had 15 National Championships in his 21 years of coaching.

1oqqfc.jpg

but only certain top athletes can take that kind of abuse and succeed idk how wrestling is in other countries but in usa it seems they only want you to do your best in college to make the school look good burning you out as a senior then by time u go to olympics or worlds your already broken down

Back