Butterbean Appreciation

NHB7

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Butterbean was intentionally brought in to be a freak show to be beat up on. And, when he lost to 155 Lb Genki Sudo, it appeared that was all the fat, aging boxer would ever be.

But he actually trained and kept at MMA. He ended up having 28 fights with a 17-10-1 record. No he never fought anyone great, but he had wins over Cabbage, Thompson, and Zulu.

And if this isn’t the craziest fact then I don’t know what is: He had more submission wins (10) then KOs (7)!

I think Butterbean deserves to be remembered as more than a side note, freakshow. He was a Mixed Martial Artist.

Last edited:
Remember when he beat up the jackass dude in the store

I wonder how he's doing in life atm.

Been very entertained by whatever endeavour Butterbean chose be it K-1 or WWE knocking out Bart Gunn.
That big bastard is a warrior, much love for Butterbean

Butterbean KOing a WWF wrestler when they put on a real boxing match was amazing. Or outweighing Zulu Who was a foot taller! Legendary fighter, wish the fight between him and tank had of went ahead

I wonder how he's doing in life atm.

He's doing great last i read. Owns a restaurant and is just living comfortably watching his grandchildren grow...chillin

Was always a fan. He was a once in a lifetime fighter for sure. Very unique guy

He's doing great last i read. Owns a restaurant and is just living comfortably watching his grandchildren grow...chillin

This. I think he was also promoting fights for some time. Dude seems like a very likeable guy outside the ring.

I enjoyed the guy. My favorite highlight of his is him throwing a leg kick at i think yamma and him beating up johnny knoxville in a store.

Is he dead or something?

Probably on the short list for a Cro Cop opponent this year.

A shame BB never fought his fellow Weight Watcher no-show Dan Bobbish.

Is he dead or something?

Probably on the short list for a Cro Cop opponent this year.

A shame BB never fought his fellow Weight Watcher no-show Dan Bobbish.

Bobish would have been a good fight too see, and i wish Butterbean was apart of Rizin...Butterbean willknock Baruto out cold make it happen Rizin!!

Bobish would have been a good fight too see, and i wish Butterbean was apart of Rizin...Butterbean willknock Baruto out cold make it happen Rizin!!

If they throw some of those Megaton tournament fighters in, they could do a grandprix in Rizin of fighters that are minimum of 325 pounds each.

If they throw some of those Megaton tournament fighters in, they could do a grandprix in Rizin of fighters that are minimum of 325 pounds each.

Oh man, that would be incredible and it would probably entice Lesnar aswell.

Too small.

Rizin would have to raid some sumo fighters. Give Giant Silva a call. Turn over all stones.

Doesnt Lesnar walk around at 285/90? We are talking another 10/20 pounds and he is over 300 pounds

Doesnt Lesnar walk around at 285/90? We are talking another 10/20 pounds and he is over 300 pounds

I'm just saying if they go for a 325 minimum. We don't need any of these light weight SHW's clogging up the tournament.

Besides, Lesnar isn't going to fight for anyone but the UFC or maybe Bellator, unless someone like Mayweather decides to throw a bunch of money at him and promote MMA - which he has hinted at in the past.

But who knows? If Rizin were convinced to do a US show, Lesnar would help draw attention. It would probably be Lesnar/Cro Cop instead of a SHW tournament in that case.

I'm just saying if they go for a 325 minimum. We don't need any of these light weight SHW's clogging up the tournament.

Besides, Lesnar isn't going to fight for anyone but the UFC or maybe Bellator, unless someone like Mayweather decides to throw a bunch of money at him and promote MMA - which he has hinted at in the past.

But who knows? If Rizin were convinced to do a US show, Lesnar would help draw attention. It would probably be Lesnar/Cro Cop instead of a SHW tournament in that case.

I think from Lesnar wrestling days he is pretty tight with Japan and could ink a deal. Who knows...i would love too see this though

I think from Lesnar wrestling days he is pretty tight with Japan and could ink a deal. Who knows...i would love too see this though

I don't think they'd have the budget to sign him. From what I understand is that Rizin, is given money from Fuji TV and they go grocery shopping while Fuji holds their hand, selecting fighters for an event that they think will give them the biggest return (but not necessarily the most expensive) for their events.

When Lesnar had his first fight for K-1 USA, he was given $500K at minimum to fight. Lesnar's profile is a lot higher now and made millions per fight in the UFC. I don't see how RIZIN/Fuji TV could pay him anywhere close to what the UFC could offer, unless he was willing to fight for less or some other partner stepped in as I alluded to earlier for some PPV type situation for TV in North America. They would probably have to be happy with a loss or break-even situation.

Quality of opposition plays a factor here too. Lesnar against Cro Cop would cost way more for Fuji-TV, if it was even possible, then say - tying this back into the thread topic - Butterbean.

I was annoyed when I arrived in Vegas and found out Butterbean wasn't going to fight Mark Hunt at Real Deal back in 2006.

The late Sean O'Haire was really out of his element.

Back