But Why Tho?

First video, that is not a rock, it is a boulder. Probably weighs 4,000 pounds or 2 tons. It had to be at an angle or those boys would not be able to do that. A large bail of hay weighs close to 1 ton.

{<huh}

I wasn’t talking about the videos. I was talking about the rock my friends and I would push around in high school for the lulz.

<{vega}>

...and the British used to be such 'bright' individuals. :) Is there something wrong with the water where you live?
The people who take part in this have no time for water, the taps in their houses dispense cider...

I wasn’t talking about the videos. I was talking about the rock my friends and I would push around in high school...

...ah, ok, my mistake. It was your neighbors rock.

Every year people do this just down the road from me...

What the holy hell. That looks AWESOME!

Geez that is something during peek rugby shape I would have liked to take on with my team.

@Cantona7, 'Annual Cheese Rolling Contest', what does that have to do with cheese rolling? I think I saw a piece of cheese rolling down the hill at the start of the race. Makes more sense to roll your 'cheese' down the hill, not yourself. ...and what happens to the cheese? I don't care about the people, I want to try some of that cheese. Rolling yourself sideways is the way to do, not head-over-foot. ;)

Every year people do this just down the road from me...

giphy.gif

That video was made for this thread.

Also, the fact that this the “cheese roll” and this is a thread by @Cheese is super meta.

@Cantona7, 'Annual Cheese Rolling Contest', what does that have to do with cheese rolling? I think I saw a piece of cheese rolling down the hill at the start of the race. Makes more sense to roll your 'cheese' down the hill, not yourself. ...and what happens to the cheese? I don't care about the people, I want to try some of that cheese. Rolling yourself sideways is the way to do, not head-over-foot. ;)

The cheese is rolled down the hill and everyone chases it!

They roll a big wheel of cheese (Double Gloucester, of course) down the hill and everyone chases it, first to the bottom wins the cheese...

What the holy hell. That looks AWESOME!

Geez that is something during peek rugby shape I would have liked to take on with my team.
I’ve never done it but I’ve stood at the top of the hill and looked down. The video doesn’t do justice to how steep it is, it might as well be a cliff...

They're fans of Wile E Coyote and the Roadrunner.

They roll a big wheel of cheese (Double Gloucester, of course) down the hill and everyone chases it, first to the bottom wins the cheese...

Ah, ok, I thought it had to do with the person that got hurt the most. How about putting your head between your knees and holding on to your ankles? Seems like the fastest way down. The hill is too steep to run down and if you walk you would not get there first. Can you use a cardboard piece of paper to sit on and slide down?

Ah, ok, I thought it had to do with the person that got hurt the most. How about putting your head between your knees and holding on to your ankles? Seems like the fastest way down. The hill is too steep to run down and if you walk you would not get there first. Can you use a cardboard piece of paper to sit on and slide down?
No, the fact that it often goes to the most injured person is pure coincidence.

From what I can gather the most successful technique is a mixture of sprinting and plummeting. Not seen anyone try the cannonball technique, I assume it would take too long to get up to speed...

And definitely no sliding devices, the only acceptable performance enhancer is 8 pints of strong cider, which apparently helps to prevent injury...

Back