Bustamante and judo

Oleg Raktatov

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone have any information on Murilo Bustamante’s judo credentials?

Belt, local competition results, stories, etc.

I know he is more into wrestling (since early BTT)for stand up, but apparently he had his fair share of judo practices...

Thanks

One of his best students is a judo Olympian.

I would just assume he learned judo under Medhi like the rest of the Carlson Gracie BB.

The only connections (and its a relatively loose ne) that I am aware of between Bustamante and high level judo is one of his students, Paula Filho, made the finals of the world team trials once. But A. I think it was a junior world team; and B. I don't know if Paulo was under Maurilo at the time.

What I was told by a Brazilian at my former university is that Judo is taught in schools as a P.E. class

Csrlson sr was very big, back in the day, at implementing cross training into his academies syllabus. He and a few of his older black belts all have their judo black belts.

What I was told by a Brazilian at my former university is that Judo is taught in schools as a P.E. class
No. Some schools may offer judo classes, but not part of the curriculum. P.E classes in Brazil is mostly some type of soccer, volley and basket.

Csrlson sr was very big, back in the day, at implementing cross training into his academies syllabus. He and a few of his older black belts all have their judo black belts.
I remember an interview with Shogun back in the day were he talked about the martial arts culture amongst kids in the part of Brazil he is from. He said it pretty much always starts with judo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back