burpees instead of jogging?

My timeis limited lately so I have been doing the burpees instead because you can get in way more work in a shorter amount of time.

200 burpees is no joke...everday?....you're one sadistic sob....if that's what you're doing

jog assumes a very easy running pace...just a bit faster than fast walking...so if you do burpees at a decent pace then they are considerably harder...

but I would do both...LSD is fine but you want to stick to a pace that challenges you...

I was wondering if anyone here does burpees everyday as a substitute for jogging..I have been doing a routine where i start at 20,19,18...till 0...within 5 mins i am sweating like a pig....after three days of this my muscles feel tighter and i feel and if i have more gas...I wanted to know if ne one else does this as there main cardio
I do them 3 times a week. I absolutely do not like to run. I do them for 30 minutes at minimum. For the most part I manually set a tabata timer for 5 minute rounds and 1 minute rest. I do 5 reps per cycle. Some times I just do 1 30 minute round ( 60 cycles no 1 min rest) tabata timed burpee session. I've done 1,000 reps 3 times a week for 2 weeks at one point. Now I just do 30 mins. Also I say tabata timed. It is not tabata. I just like the timer. To each their own.

I was wondering if anyone here does burpees everyday as a substitute for jogging..I have been doing a routine where i start at 20,19,18...till 0...within 5 mins i am sweating like a pig....after three days of this my muscles feel tighter and i feel and if i have more gas...I wanted to know if ne one else does this as there main cardio
Yeah. I switched jogging (still do it once a week because I enjoy it) for interval training. It has really improved my cardio for kickboxing.

3/5 minutes of rope jumping.

30 seconds in, 30 seconds out for 4 rounds. I do something like:

- Burpees
- Some kind of abs
- Squats (bodyweight) or some type of box jump.
- Kettlebell swings.

Burpees is the king of cardio for explosive sports. But even I think that 210 burpees is A LOT. And Im usually the last guy that get tired in the training room.

I havent see you doing burpees but some people is really sloppy doing them and I think that it does make any sense that way.

Nice 10 year bump on this thread.

But it's about burpees, so it's cool.

I agree with the people saying do both i like to stop and randomly do burpies during my runs

I would say depends on age, at 47 years of age I rather do Burpees but now I actually just go "Cycling and do 55km Rides" along beaches or bike tracks, I try to stay off roads.

Hot or cold does not matter just 4 bottles of water is all I need.

In my younger days Running for sure, but to further add with my friends back then we would go to the beach swim and run on the sandy beaches we would do routes like a square/box type circuit training setup.

We would say go around 3 times and rest in between............thats really going to work your system.

Similar to this I guess.......

Sometimes would walk 30km to the beach from where we lived and then do our stuff, what better way to enjoy running then at the beach.

So I encourage you guys do your own Iron-Man Training Circuits with friends or on your own.

I’ve been doing both; running 3 miles at a 6:30 mile pace and burpees.

I had my best time tonight: 100 burpees in 6:30.

I had the young buck full-time purple belt that’s twenty years younger than me huffing and puffing the other night at BJJ and I felt great.

Back