Burns pulled from UFC on FOX 28 for allegedly being 31 lbs over contracted weight

It’s funny cause I’m pretty sure I saw an article by mmafighting a couple days ago about how pumped and motivated he was to win this fight lol

I guess he should move to welterweight, fat fuck

He's never even missed weight before, a 20-25 lb cut on fight week is pretty standard for a UFC Lightweight.

Let him fight if he can make the weight, people are different. Some are better at it than others. Mark Hunt once cut 22lbs on the day of the weigh-ins.

He didn't miss weight by 31bs, he was just poised to attempt a very aggressive cut.

Gabi Garcia actually missed weight by a similar amount.

Let him fight if he can make the weight, people are different. Some are better at it than others. Mark Hunt once cut 22lbs on the day of the weigh-ins.
And we all saw how awful hunt looked in that fight, he has a heart of lion i respect that, but damn it`s not like you get ready for a fight in 1 week.

I wasn't aware of those rules. Thanks for the article.. Glad to see they don't want anyone dieding

Crazy. Weigh ins should be done like we did in wrestling. We had to be on point the morning of our matches, and then we had a small allowance, something like 5 Lbs(I don't remember the exact number, but it has been like 10 years), we could gain back by that evening.

And we all saw how awful hunt looked in that fight, he has a heart of lion i respect that, but damn it`s not like you get ready for a fight in 1 week.
I agree, but some guys come into fight week big on purpose and water load like crazy so they can have a size advantage on fight night.

bullshit that fighters are allowed to be pulled now before they even step on the scales.

SACS and ahem.. USADA are fucking with the sport too much. if a fighter wants to put themselves through that, so be it, its pretty stupid they are actually regulating what % over fight weight fighters can be in the days leading up to a fight.

i was shocked when they introduced this, as well as the new weigh ins which take away the spectacle that the old weigh ins were, much more intense when a fighter steps on the scales infront of thousands of people and is off my 1lb.

fuck this shit.

Guess they didn't want him to try and cut 31 pounds in like a few days, probably wouldn't have ended well for Burns.

Must be a Florida Commission thing

Crazy. Weigh ins should be done like we did in wrestling. We had to be on point the morning of our matches, and then we had a small allowance, something like 5 Lbs(I don't remember the exact number, but it has been like 10 years), we could gain back by that evening.
Only problem is you aren't taking fists to the head, and a dehydrated skull doesn't take a punch like a hydrated one. I agree with you though, I wish fighters were closer to their natural weight.

Damn! I must be old fashioned or something, but that sounds like an ungodly amount of weight to cut for a 155er.

Someone mentioned a 20-25 lbs weight cut being typical. I honestly don’t know if that’s true or not. I’m just saying that on the surface it seems dangerous to cut 31.

Damn! I must be old fashioned or something, but that sounds like an ungodly amount of weight to cut for a 155er.

Someone mentioned a 20-25 lbs weight cut being typical. I honestly don’t know if that’s true or not. I’m just saying that on the surface it seems dangerous to cut 31.

The danger involved is exactly why he was pulled. Gleason Tibau was regularly mentioned as cutting 30lbs to make LW before his PEDs suspension.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back