Burmese Boxing vs. Thai Boxing

Joel77

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What is the difference between Muay Thai and Burmese Boxing. Thay look exactly the same to me.

www.thaing.net

Uh... one's from Thailand, and the other is from Burma?

they don't wear gloves in burmese and when you get knocked out they revive you and ask if you want to continue.

burmese boxing emphasizes on wild swings

burmese boxing is basically Muay Thai with head butts and G'n'P

I saw some huge hip tosses from the clinch in the Burmese boxing. Anyone know how those affect the match?

Burmese boxing is really similar to Thai boxing. Burma and Thailand neighbor each other and from what I understand, Siam (now Thailand) and Burma somewhat rivaled each other. They both practiced "boxing," and every once in a while they would challenge each other.

I don't think they're identical. But they're fairly similar. Either way, the Thai boxing that rivaled Burmese boxing is different from the Muay Thai we know today. This was more of a Muay Thai Boran type of thing.

Ground n pound? Explain.. As far as I know the bigest diferences are the named "reviving", that its bareknuckle and headbuts are allowed hence the nickname art of -nine- limbs... And that it is a bit more crude than its thai counterpart.. But where do the ground n pound come in?

I don't think they allow G&P. From what I've seen I think it's a lot more like old-skool MT, with no gloves, allowing headbutts and throws, and with really sloppy hands (i.e., not much boxing influence).

Burmese boxing is basically Muay Thai, but with less rules, making for some seriously painful situations for the fighters. The reason they're all over the place is because you can only win by KO in those matches (so they tend to go all out on their punches), but I don't know if they put decisions in recently.

Burmese boxing is the shit, I have seen some footage and it's brutal

Anyone have any info/videos about a guy called Tway Ma Shaung? Hes a burmese boxer and I've heard of him being compared to Sanchaei.

Anyone have any info/videos about a guy called Tway Ma Shaung? Hes a burmese boxer and I've heard of him being compared to Sanchaei.

Holy shit those burmese boxing guys are some tough bastards. That guy especially is tough as nails. Vicious combos with the headbutts and knees.

Its like a chute boxe version of muay thai. Modern muay thai got better hands and more technical clinch game.

My first three MT fights where against burmese boxers that came to chumphon to fight.

I wonder what's the longevity of fighters in that sport?

I can imagine them having some serious brain issues later on in life with that ruleset where not only they head-butt but they also get "revived" after getting KO'd and can basically get KO'd several times in one match and continue.

My first three MT fights where against burmese boxers that came to chumphon to fight.

How did those go?

I wonder what's the longevity of fighters in that sport?

I can imagine them having some serious brain issues later on in life with that ruleset where not only they head-butt but they also get "revived" after getting KO'd and can basically get KO'd several times in one match and continue.

How did those go?

I won all by KO. But one of them kinda flash KO'd me in the clinch with a elbow. I woke up when the next hit me. Did not go down.

Back