Burkman: Those who judge the harshest are the worst PED offenders and biggest liars

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Josh Burkman believes that many of the fighters who have spoken out loudest against PED usage could be the biggest steroid users: "Those who judge others the harshest are the worst [PED] offenders and biggest liars," said Burkman in a recent interview with MMAfighting.com. "Anderson Silva insisted a life-time ban, and then he tested positive."

"I've seen PEDs used by athletes in all sports at all levels. This is not an MMA issue. It seems to be part of sports. All sports. Lance Armstrong, A-Rod, baseball, football, basketball, speed skating. ... Anyone who overlooks this is naive. That doesn't mean all athletes use them; I'm just not surprised when guys do."

Your thoughts?

Reads like a shot at GSP to me.

Makes sense. Hiding in plain sight, so to speak.

So he is accusing BJ Penn and GSP.....and Dana White of using PEDs.

They are the harshest because they want to guide the suspicious eyes as far away from themselves as possible.

He blatantly said Anderson Silva. Definitely a direct shot at GSP.

Reads like a shot at GSP to me.

Listen to him on yesterday's MMA Hour. He did everything he could -not- to badmouth Anderson. GSP wants more testing, but at the same time I think he understands why a lot of fighters feel the need to cheat, and doesn't really seem to blame them for that.

Josh Burkman believes that many of the fighters who have spoken out loudest against PED usage could be the biggest steroid users: "Those who judge others the harshest are the worst [PED] offenders and biggest liars," said Burkman in a recent interview with MMAfighting.com. "Anderson Silva insisted a life-time ban, and then he tested positive."

"I've seen PEDs used by athletes in all sports at all levels. This is not an MMA issue. It seems to be part of sports. All sports. Lance Armstrong, A-Rod, baseball, football, basketball, speed skating. ... Anyone who overlooks this is naive. That doesn't mean all athletes use them; I'm just not surprised when guys do."

Your thoughts?

That's an easy way to dismiss anyone with an opinion and a platform. With that said, there are lots of liars out there.

First 3 minutes - "I've never seen anyone with more secretive behavior than steroid abusers other than pedophiles"

lol at hyper-defensive GSP fans getting butthurt when he specifically cited Anderson Silva

I've often thought about it as well. That's not to say there are some clean guys out there who are legitimately mad, I just also happen to think some guys are trying to overcompensate to avoid suspicion.

GSPnotimpressed_display_image.jpg

B6xYtInCMAE-CZ0.jpg:large

He blatantly said Anderson Silva. Definitely a direct shot at GSP.
At this point it's the elephant in the room.

Should mention that I'm not anybody's fanboy. Silva's positive test sucks for the sport, as would a prospective positive from an active GSP. The huge clouds of smoke being blown by GSP's camp (and indeed, by GSP for awhile now) make me suspicious as hell, however. There's a very active PR ("masking"?) campaign going on there. Of course, GSP is out of comp, so speculation and between-the-lines is all there is and may ever be.

And of course Burkman might have meant only exactly what he said. This shit is making me paranoid.

This threads first 2 pages is an excellent example of just how badly some fans can totally mindfuck themselves into believing whatever makes them feel better.

He specifically names Anderson, yet somehow, someway, some of you mindfucked yourselves into believing he was actually taking about GSP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back