Bunch of new fights added to UFN 54 Halifax

EffinCraig

Antitheist
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.ufc.com/news/Halifax-Car...x&utm_source=15593&utm_medium=Twitter:+UFC_CA

The card so far includes 10 fights:

Elias Theodorou vs. Bruno Santos
Chad Laprise vs. Yosdenis Cedeno
Mitch Gagnon vs. Aljamain Sterling
Olivier Aubin-Mercier vs. Jake Lindsey
Jason Saggo vs. Paul Felder
Matt Dwyer vs. Albert Tumenov
Raphael Assuncao vs. Bryan Caraway
Paige VanZant vs. Kailin Curran
Nordine Taleb vs. Li Jingliang
Rory Macdonald vs. Tarec Saffiedine

Last edited:
I lived in Halifax for 5 years. If I still lived there I'd obviously go to that card, but I'd also want a lot more from it. It needs a strong co-main.

I lived in Halifax for 5 years. If I still lived there I'd obviously go to that card, but I'd also want a lot more from it. It needs a strong co-main.

The latest on TJ Grant has been encouraging, enough so that I'm kind of expecting to see him booked in a co-main.

Huh? It has a top contender fight with Assuncao vs. Caraway. That's a better co-main than most cards.

Plus, a really exciting bout with Gagnon vs. Sterling. Winner there probably moves into the top 10 of that weightclass.

And you get both winners of TUF Nations.

I like the card overall and expect it to deliver a fun night of fights.

The latest on TJ Grant has been encouraging, enough so that I'm kind of expecting to see him booked in a co-main.

that would be nice. :D

a few representatives from TUF nations, it looks like. quite a few good fighters who aren't well known yet, too.

i still can't believe that gagnon vs. sterling match, it should be awesome! :D

Huh? It has a top contender fight with Assuncao vs. Caraway. That's a better co-main than most cards.

Plus, a really exciting bout with Gagnon vs. Sterling. Winner there probably moves into the top 10 of that weightclass.

And you get both winners of TUF Nations.

I like the card overall and expect it to deliver a fun night of fights.

Plus Jason Saggo, arguably the best Canadian prospect in MMA currently.

i don't know half these people on the card, poo card

Trivia: Elias Theodorou was on an episode of Comedy's Match Game before he got his shot in the UFC. I think he won but I'm not sure.

Chad and Elias looked really good on TUF and in their Finale wins. Olivier looked solid on the show as well despite falling short against Laprise. Saggo looked really good in his last UFC fight as well. There are a lot of good prospects on this card actually.

cant wait to go, and excited to see who they announce tj gets matched up with to make the card even better, wooooo

Chad and Elias looked really good on TUF and in their Finale wins. Olivier looked solid on the show as well despite falling short against Laprise. Saggo looked really good in his last UFC fight as well. There are a lot of good prospects on this card actually.

agreed. lots of potential for a great night of fights! :D

Yeah Assuncao and heck even Caraway deserve the spotlight of Co-Main. I think this could be Raphs fight that could get him some real attention. He hasn't had that signature win. He beat TJ but few thought he actually won.

Card is solid though Tarec/Rory has me drooling.

Live 105 Halifax has been giving away a pair of tickets each afternoon this week. they're doing it again today and tomorrow if anyone is interested in entering. just need to like, comment, or share on facebook...usually starts between 3-4 atlantic time, then the winner is announced just before 6...

https://www.facebook.com/live105halifax

Trivia: Elias Theodorou was on an episode of Comedy's Match Game before he got his shot in the UFC. I think he won but I'm not sure.

Ya he had a broke hand I believe on the show, he was also on dragons den as a bartender

i don't know half these people on the card, poo card

just imagine that the card isn't happening and do something else that night.

also, how do you get to know who fighters are if you never watch them?

Back