BUMP. In a weeks time, will OVEREEM be rampant or ruined?

Well reem has like 12 losses and he was crushing washups and has beens, and never provens except for the kooky werdum fight. Brock win didn't prove much IMO. I think if Browne can weather the early storm he wins going away.

If you want to discard wins like that you can pick any fighter and discard his wins by making tons of different excuses. Being on a long ass win streak with his last two wins being both top 5 Werdum and Brock didn't prove to you much but one loss where he was dominating the fight for the most part quickly proved to you that he sucks. Browne is getting smoked in this fight and you will once again discard his win by labeling Browne as a can.

I think that Greg Jackson has a gameplan as usual. However, its hard to train for a guy like Reem although Reem as a suspect chin.

If it was not the striking set ups (not actual accuracy) I would say that Browne takes this mainly be because Reem never has a gameplan and poor striking defense. However, Travis doesn't strike me as a guy that is ready for the big time, I thought he was going to do to that with Big Foot.

My picks
[YT]x6oGxdGPew0[/YT]

Don't you know Browne injured himself in the first second of that fight?

Honestly I don't think Bigfoot beats Browne on his worst day, if it wasn't for Brown Pride and Santos he would be wearing the belt.

Overeem will kjnock this dude out, will knock him out, i''m sure'm sure he'll win,his chin is good,hisd defence is good,Browne is smaller,Overeem gonna win, sure.

All I know is I can't take another Overeem heartbreak. Hopefully he'll be the toast of the town

I have a feeling Brown will maybe pull a Miocic on Reem and circle around, use his better cardio, land some good shots from outside and leg kick, go to 3rd round when Reem gasses and then finish him or get UD. I bet Greg Jackson will make that gameplan, especially since it already worked once on Reem in his last fight

The again Reem may go beast mode and destroy Brown. Interesting fight

Last edited:
Overeem hopefully gets knocked out and dare I say it. . . . Cut from the ufc roster.

He won't get cut... Herman is still on the roster so Reem is likely to stick around for a while

I'm really on the fence. Browne is quick, moves well, hits hard, has a lot of reach and height, he has everything you need to beat Overeem. Then you have Overeem, great striking, hits hard, physically strong. It's a tough one.

Overeem has much more on the line than Browne. I don't think he's in danger of being cut (unless more 14:1 shenanigans), but it's telling how much he has dropped in status since he went from headlining against Brock on PPV (dat PPV money, playa) to co-headlining a cableTV card within 2 fights.

I think Overeem definitely is the better fighter technically speaking, but his continuous lack of striking defence and being too cocky leads to many dangerous situations when fighting an opponent like Brown. If Overeem realizes his chin isn't that good, that he's no Anderson Silva and that he packs too much muscle which makes him gas in the 1st round, I think he could have a shot at winning the belt at some point. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening.

Although defeat usually leads to more focus and harder work, I don't think that's the case for Overeem. I think he has been mentally beaten after the testosteron failure and loss to Silva, and I don't think he has been focussed enough in training nor has he spent enough time assessing what he needs to improve in order to beat Brown.

Brown by KO. I'm a big Overeem fan, but I don't think he has the mindset of a champ in an elite division.

10001888.gif

...and people made fun of Jon Jones turning his back on Rampage

Overeem needs to go back to using his footwork and one punching until he catches Browne.

I think he will dominate. He will show up composed and fight a smart fight this time around. 1st or 2nd round (T)KO for Overeem.

Travis Browne is too quick, too hungry, and hits too hard for Overeem. Overeem is fucked in this fight.

Travis Browne is too quick, too hungry, and hits too hard for Overeem. Overeem is fucked in this fight.

I agree that Browne is eager and heavy-handed, but he is also somewhat sloppy in his attack, and leaves many openings. If Overeem can pick his shots and avoid getting into a brawl with Hapa, he can likely win.

I think he will dominate. He will show up composed and fight a smart fight this time around. 1st or 2nd round (T)KO for Overeem.

Will we see the avvys return?

Or are the days of Ubereem on every account over for good?

Back