Bullying and s---...angry dad post

daughter should be in BJJ or MT... if that isn't an option, smash their parents

great troll thread from rob.
been around for a long time, since 06.
a veritable craftsman at his trade IMO
chapeau, mon homme

My daughter is entering eighth grade next year and I am so not looking forward to all that shit.

Don't know if it's been posted after this first page But the best course of action for right this second is the track down the culprits parents and have a discussion with them.

These girls could sort out their differences and become best friends.

Wow...lot's of good, interesting and funny replies and advice. Also, not a troll thread, this is real :)

This is very tough for a dad, and dads with kids know this. She's not the confrontational type, although this is one situation in which I wish she would at least say something to the girl or just blow up screaming in her face. Right now school is out so there will be a break and we'll see what we can do this summer as a family and maybe finding her another hobby that she may enjoy. But my fear is that this shit will just start where it left off once school starts up again.

As for friends, she has friends but these "friends" won't stick up for her when this other girl talks. That's the other part that really gets my daughter upset. So it's as if she doesn't have friends or any support.

As for the Prozac, I really don't like this idea, I think the main cause of her stress is the social aspect in school. If she were happy socially then I feel like everything will be fine. I can understand a conflict here and there but this jealousy shit is nuts. And yes, jealous girls look to tear eachother down, it's sick.

We have tossed the idea of boxing/mma classes around. Not that I think violence is the answer but sometimes it is. And a few combos to the face would shut the girl up. I tried to get her to join the girls wrestling team but she doesn't want to. We have at least the next 2 months to try and figure this out.

One idea the wife had was to talk to a couple of girls who have known my daughter through sports, we also know their parents so in our minds this would be an easy talk. These girls are the more well known girls and apparently were told that my daughter doesn't like them by this very girl. The thought was sort of like starving a plant of water. As this girl gets other kids riled up thinking my daughter has beef with everyone she is more empowered. If we can take that away maybe she'll shut up. This is just a thought and may have some risks. We don't know if we're going to do this or not.

Don't know if it's been posted after this first page But the best course of action for right this second is the track down the culprits parents and have a discussion with them.

These girls could sort out their differences and become best friends.

We talked about his a little. Get with the parents and kids together and figure it out. We don't know much about the parents, we do know they don't live far from us. I found out last night that they may not come from the best of circumstances, but this was just going by what we've heard.

I THINK YOU MUST HAVE HER CONFUSED WITH YO MAMA

Can she claim victimhood for being an oppressed minority and label them as bigots/racists/islamophobe/antisemites?

If not, fill the classroom with uppercuts!

My daughter is entering eighth grade next year and I am so not looking forward to all that shit.

She might get lucky and not have to deal with this type of B.S.

Someone also mentioned social media. I will say that this in my opinion is a BIG part of the problem. When kids talk shit through text they take screen shots and pass them around. This happened to my daughter. One of her good friends was complaining about her to another person and she saw it. She was so hurt by it.

Can she claim victimhood for being an oppressed minority and label them as bigots/racists/islamophobe/antisemites?

If not, fill the classroom with uppercuts!

LOL, nah, her race is not so obvious.

Beating the crap out of a bully girl will only make her a victim and turn your daughter into a violent crazy bitch in the eyes of everyone at the school (which can cause far more damage than being bullied). Girl bullying is imo a thousand times nastier than boys browbeating each other. I'd talk to her and tell her to just avoid these girls and make some new friends, and make it clear that they are the problem and not her.

I definitely feel your pain TS. I have a 8 years old daughter and that kind of thing genuinely takes my sleep at night because she is autistic and doesn't really stand up for herself. So far she is friends with every kid but who knows how it's going to be by the time they get to high school.

Hah, I don't mean to come off like some guy who's got it all figured out. It's just that I want to encourage parents to have realistic ideas that don't cause turmoil if they don't come to fruition. It feels good to say shit like "Don't feel" or "Keep them offline" or "Beat up that fucking kid," and if we're just blowing off steam that's fine and dandy.

But when the rubber meets the road, my hope is that we're not causing more damage for the keeds. Or heartache for everyone.

And shitfuckingyeah: time flies.

I'm being very series when I advise TS to have his daughter fight this kid. I had a similar thing going on at school. One day as I was hiding in my house to avoid verbal humiliation from the kid my dad dragged me outside to fight this kid. We fought he won and it was over. No more bullying it was all done. After that I realized fighting is nothing the shit I had to deal with all before that fight was 10x worse then anything I had dealt with. After that day I never let anyone bully me in any way shape or form. I would immediately start swinging or threatening. I'd rather get my ass kicked then be put in that position again.

She might get lucky and not have to deal with this type of B.S.

Someone also mentioned social media. I will say that this in my opinion is a BIG part of the problem. When kids talk shit through text they take screen shots and pass them around. This happened to my daughter. One of her good friends was complaining about her to another person and she saw it. She was so hurt by it.

At least I was relieved to find out she doesn't even want a fb page. I guess that's "out" with the kids these days. They're all about Instagram.

At least I was relieved to find out she doesn't even want a fb page. I guess that's "out" with the kids these days. They're all about Instagram.

True...FB is for old people. It's Snapchat and Instagram.

Complex issue. Tell your daughter to keep spreading her wings. She'll be lucky to have 10 percent of her current friends in her social circle in20 years. Short term fix is for her to take the medications and have a heart to heart with that bitch saying look I'm not like that but if you want to keep taking bad about me be my guest! Tell her to speak with absolute certainty. Hopefully she will continue to network and make more and more friends While learning she doesn't need friends and their approval to define her. Good luck dad!

Back