BullyHunters; A Twitch guide to monetizing dissent

KaNesDeath

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

We can all agree that forms of bullying exists online and in the gaming culture. However BullyHunters took it to another level.

They promote themselves as a service for women gamers experiencing sexist remarks in multiplayer games. Women players via a website get access to other high tier women players so they can then beat said player making sexist remarks. Their current game target is CSGO.

Apparently the person in this video 'bullying' was the same Steam account of the BullyHunter:

While i agree with the general idea. The rollout of said program is on manufactured circumstances. Immediately imploding any conversation for self improvement.

This gives me a similar vibe to that shitty game Depression Quest and Zoe Quinn.

Everybody gets shit on in MP. You're nothing special, snowflake.

LOL whole thing is a scam.

This YouTube'r appears to be doing a thorough breakdown:

SteelSeries, CyberPowerPC and all the on-air talent are denying taking part in its creation. Looks like the National Organization for Women(NOW) hired the ad agency of Foote, Cone & Belding(FCB) who in turn hired others as consultants/on-air talent.

You have to be pretty weak to resort to shit like this just because a 14 year old called you names.

I'm thinking of starting a Sherdog bully hunters.

lolz. even with the apology and explanation... they still called that staged and recorded trainwreck a "live event."

This was truly one of the most embarrassing gaming moments ever

This was truly one of the most embarrassing gaming moments ever

Its a real issue addressed in a false pretense. When it comes to a political action committee entering a gaming community i'd say your view is correct.

In CS though, Summit1g still holds that torch:

Its a real issue addressed in a false pretense. When it comes to a political action committee entering a gaming community i'd say your view is correct.

In CS though, Summit1g still holds that torch:

I remembering reading that some people thought he did it on purpose to get more twitch viewers lol

bullshit. what issue?

In my 19 years of online Pc gaming i have seen players attack other players in a sexist, racial and or on religious beliefs(it rarely happens). With that sole purpose of generating anger or self pity from the opposing player.

ironically, the fraud their own video displayed is more of an issue than anything they're trying to fearmonger about.

Which i addressed directly in the naming of this topic and in my original post.

In my 19 years of online Pc gaming i have seen players attack other players in a sexist, racial and or on religious beliefs(it rarely happens). With that sole purpose of generating anger or self pity from the opposing player.

wow, that's pretty rough. how did they manage to find their location and also travel to within attack range? i had no idea there was an epidemic of video game assaults. it must be pretty bad. i mean, assault and harassment are already crimes, so i guess we need to make them like super illegal now to combat this vile pandemic.

eta:

but seriously, though - people said mean things in a video game? i'm so sorry. that must have been rough. i hope therapy wasn't required. you're right, this is a real issue and must be addressed. i recommend we contact game developers and suggest that they ban all words and communication to prevent any of those horrible atrocities ever happening again.

Last edited:
but seriously, though - people said mean things in a video game?

Just reading through the first page of your most recent posts. An air of self entitlement is common.

Problem is that this topic brings into question your entire internet persona.

thinks mean words are an "issue." thinks i'm a persona.

trigglypuff detected.

Your saying words dont posses meaning. Why are you on a discussion board?

...so because i don't think a rando saying 'mean words' is "a real issue," i now don't think words possess meaning?

BRILLIANT. i'd ask what you based that wonderful deduction from, but we both know it's just your anus.

Back