Bullhead, natural gains?

Niels

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In 2011 we had a movie here in Belgium (Rundskop) which made it to the U.S. as Bullhead. (I advice you to watch it) The actor, Matthias Schoenaerts, had to alter his physique dramatically for the part.

He says he gained 27 kg’s (in one year) for this movie (obviously some fat too). When asked about how he did it he said he opted to take steroids at first, but after visiting a doctor he wanted to do it natural because of the consequences.

He ate alot (including 2400 cans of tuna, for quick calories)

I’m not trying to achieve this, but i just want to know how realistic is this?

Here are some pics:

upload_2018-9-7_23-20-13.jpeg

upload_2018-9-7_23-25-40.jpeg
upload_2018-9-7_23-26-6.jpeg
This is him after losing the gains again, similar as before the gains:
upload_2018-9-7_23-29-7.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-9-7_23-28-24.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-7_23-28-24.jpeg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2018-9-7_23-28-38.jpeg
    upload_2018-9-7_23-28-38.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 2
He definitely looks natty and those gains are attainable naturally.

Right.

But what has this to do with the strength and conditioning forum?

Right.

But what has this to do with the strength and conditioning forum?
There isn’t a right forum for this. Why is everybody on here nagging about this type of stuff?

There isn’t a right forum for this. Why is everybody on here nagging about this type of stuff?

It's the culture here.

You could go to bodybuilding.com or some kind of bodybuilding forum to pose such topics/questions.

The people here discuss strength and conditioning, not aesthetics.

It's the culture here.

You could go to bodybuilding.com or some kind of bodybuilding forum to pose such topics/questions.

It’s not like it’s hurting anybody, ain’t gonna join another forum for it

It’s not like it’s hurting anybody, ain’t gonna join another forum for it

i think i read some study, some years ago, where the abstract was that under optimal conditions you can't gain more than 6 to 11 lbs. of pure muscle a year. without steroids. i don't know whether this is still the scientific consensus. genetics and age play a big role in this.

It's the culture here.

that was the old S&C. New S&C is so starved for discussions that anything fitness related is fair game it seems.

Realistically ever? Or realistic in a year? I think it's possible within enough time. It's hard to know if he's natty or not going by a movie. I mean doing roids in Hollywood is a no brainer. Money and your career is on the line. You need results fast.

I don't know his normal weight but from the picture you embeded the guy doesn't just have a little fat, he has alot of fat. He looks like he's pushing 18-20% percent bodyfat.

I think people who gain a lot of mass and then they lose it just as fast is suspect for doing roids.

Last edited:
Realistically ever? Or realistic in a year? I think it's possible within enough time. It's hard to know if he's natty or not going by a movie. I mean doing roids in Hollywood is a no brainer. Money and your career is on the line. You need results fast.

I don't know his normal weight but from the picture you embeded the guy doesn't just have a little fat, he has alot of fat. He looks like he's pushing 18-20% percent bodyfat.

I think people who gain a lot of mass and then they lose it just as fast is suspect for doing roids.
He actually became known because of this movie. And don’t compare the Belgian film industry with Hollywood, we don’t have the means that Hollywood movies do.

I’m not a 100% sure that he trained for only 1 year since he had the script sooner, but only had the green light one year before filming

Back