"Bulletproof" Coffee

I use Kerry Gold unsalted Grass fed butter, coconut oil (cold pressed) and my regular coffee and blend it after its brewed. I can never go back to drinking regular coffee again

butter coffee is for retards, please don't fall for the placebo effect of a shill

not every drinks it for its bullshit effects. some just like the way it tastes.

Anyone tried it? Thinking of giving it a go. Rogan talks about it a lot and I've been having a look online, a lot of people really seem to like it. For anyone that doesn't know what it is, it's basically:

Coffee (Dave Asprey sells "upgraded" coffee beans)
Butter (from grass-fed cows)
MCT Oil (apparently coconut oil works, just not as well)

Apparently you don't swap this for your morning coffee, you swap it for your entire breakfast and it keeps you going for a long time. Now the butter and the oil are OK, MCT oil can be a little pricey but I've found it online for basically dirt-cheap.

My question about the beans, does using the Upgraded beans make a huge difference? Is it worth the extra money? I mean I wouldn't go and just use instant coffee like an idiot, but a good high quality bean. I'm sure the upgraded ones taste better, but do they really make the bulletproof coffee more "bulletproof".

A lot of youtube videos are of high performance athletes making this stuff, is it sort of overkill for a university student who just wants to be mentally focused for longer? I was looking at Kale smoothies too, but I feel like I'd need the caffeine for a mental kick anyway.

Edit: Also I'm not sure about where I put this, I feel like this may be in the wrong place. If it is and a mod sees, I would appreciate it being moved. Also if this topic has been done before, I'd love to be pointed in the right direction.

giphy.gif

Isn't Coconut oil mainly MCT ?

There are around 4 different types of MCT's in coconuts/coconut oil. Many brands of MCT oil consist of one or two of these MCT's but obviously in higher levels than what you'd find in plain coconut oil.

I use Kerry Gold unsalted Grass fed butter, coconut oil (cold pressed) and my regular coffee and blend it after its brewed. I can never go back to drinking regular coffee again

Is the coconut oil taste very strong in your coffee? How much do you use? I've cooked with coconut oil and I can handle a little coconut taste on my foods but any more than that would be too much as I'm not super fond of the taste of coconut oil.

I tried it once and a few hours later I legit barely made it to the bathroom.

Is the coconut oil taste very strong in your coffee? How much do you use? I've cooked with coconut oil and I can handle a little coconut taste on my foods but any more than that would be too much as I'm not super fond of the taste of coconut oil.
ive had coffee made with blended coconut oil and the taste is edging on overpowering and completely undesirable to me.

I don't know how much was in there; it was made for me by a friend

I use 1 tablespoon. Barely any taste. I just bought MCT Oil and there is no taste

Back