"Bulletproof" Coffee

i need to try this

Make sure you heat the hash in some way first (gently). You need to decarboxylate cannabis before you eat it to turn the THCA into THC.

Better still make cannabis butter or coconut oil and add that to the coffee.

Make sure you heat the hash in some way first (gently). You need to decarboxylate cannabis before you eat it to turn the THCA into THC.

Better still make cannabis butter or coconut oil and add that to the coffee.

Can see my future..

My deskmate: WTF is wrong with you mike, every since you had your coffee all you been doing is watching vidoes on you youtube and laughing uncontrollably

Infowars-coffee...
stop-stop.gif

Joe Rogan has financial interests in Onnit. He's a part owner is similar. He's mentioned it on his podcast.

Listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Rhonda Patrick. He talks about Dave Asprey and bulletproof coffee. The long of the short of it, Joe said that the myotoxin argument is bullshit. Dave's coffee was tested and actually came back with low levels of myotixins. Joe also had several coffee's tested and none of them had myotoxins. It's a mute point. Tanins in the coffee are responsible for bitterness, not myotoxins. In addition there is a process of washing the beans and the roasting process basically kills any mold etc that could cause myotoxins. They are nothing to worry about in any coffee.

Joe also said they will continue to sell Dave's coffee at Onnit because it tastes good.

For home bulletproof coffee. Use any coffee you like and any fats you want. MCT oil, coconut oil, unsalted butter.

Joe Rogan has financial interests in Onnit. He's a part owner is similar. He's mentioned it on his podcast.

Listen to the Joe Rogan podcast with Dr. Rhonda Patrick. He talks about Dave Asprey and bulletproof coffee. The long of the short of it, Joe said that the myotoxin argument is bullshit. Dave's coffee was tested and actually came back with low levels of myotixins. Joe also had several coffee's tested and none of them had myotoxins. It's a mute point. Tanins in the coffee are responsible for bitterness, not myotoxins. In addition there is a process of washing the beans and the roasting process basically kills any mold etc that could cause myotoxins. They are nothing to worry about in any coffee.

Joe also said they will continue to sell Dave's coffee at Onnit because it tastes good.

For home bulletproof coffee. Use any coffee you like and any fats you want. MCT oil, coconut oil, unsalted butter.

There is probably some bargain firesale light roast cofee that could have enough toxin to hurt you.......but if you buy a can of cofee for 2 dollars you get what you pay for.

For the most part any regular brand will be completely safe
And light roast has more caffeine than dark roast.

I love Dave Asprey and I never believed that Mycotoxin shit. He's a smart guy. Most smart guys are weirdos and liars.

I drink it daily as part of my keto diet - mine's a bit overboard though, I use 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, 1/2c heavy cream and two scoops of low carb protein powder, add coffee, blend with my stick blender and enjoy.

Keeps me sated from 11am until about 7:30-8:00pm when I have my second meal.

I drink it daily as part of my keto diet - mine's a bit overboard though, I use 2 tbsp coconut oil, 2 tbsp of unsalted butter, 1/2c heavy cream and two scoops of low carb protein powder, add coffee, blend with my stick blender and enjoy.

Keeps me sated from 11am until about 7:30-8:00pm when I have my second meal.

Eh. I just have a shot of olive oil in the morning. 1 tsp CO and Cacao in my cofee.

Eh. I just have a shot of olive oil in the morning. 1 tsp CO and Cacao in my cofee.

Well, I imbibe mine as a 'meal' as it were, so it's more highly loaded up. And olive oil? Yecchh. To each, his own though, I suppose.

Well, I imbibe mine as a 'meal' as it were, so it's more highly loaded up. And olive oil? Yecchh. To each, his own though, I suppose.

It's probably one of the best(if not the best) sources of fat you can consume. You get used to the taste. I don't drink it straight. Mix with some water.

The brain octane mct oil is a mainstay in my morning coffee. I don't feel as good when I don't use it.

Not sure if it has a diuretic effect, but it seems like it leaned me out somewhat more that I normally am since I started using it.

Hey, guys. I'm not concerned with health, I just wanted to try this coffee because of how good people say it tastes. I want to try to experiment and make some myself in different proportions and what not.

Is the MCT oil essential to taste or is that just there for health reasons?

If an oil in addition to butter is necessary for taste, has anyone tried olive oil? I don't currently have any coconut or palm kernel oil.

Has anyone tried making coffee with butter/oil and not frothing/blending it?

Yeah in the Himilayas the men drink a strong tea that's loaded up with yak butter and hashish to get through the winters.

TS, stop calling it bulletproof coffee, that's just a tip of your hat to the bulletproof exec blogger who ripped off the very ancient idea of coffee + fat and pretended it was his. Don't play into his branding.

People have been doing this for centuries.

Frankly I prefer the Italian version. Two spoonfuls of gelato in a cup, fill the rest of the way with espresso.

Are you possibly confusing different people in the Himalayas? Tibetans drink salted Yak butter tea, but don't add hashish to it. Sometimes they add barley to it to make tsampa, but that's about it. Adding hashish sounds like blasphemy to any Tibetan who makes butter tea, lol. That said, people in the Himalayas (like northern India and Nepal) do commonly smoke hashish. But I've never heard of it being added to butter tea...

Dave Asprey's coffee is insanely overpriced. Back when I bought into his mycotoxin scare I did some research and found ethiopian yirgacheffe to meet all of his criteria for what would make for mycotoxin free coffee and it costs about half as much as his bulletproof coffee.

Onnit also tested 4 different commercial brands of coffee, including folgers and starbucks, and found that there was not a significant amount of mycotoxins in any of them. It's a marketing scam, nothing more.

I've tried the recipe btw and the effect is no different from drinking coffee (or any other caffeine source) and eating bacon with it.

Actually there is a difference. Bacon has protein.

is there some special effect of coffee with bacon?

Dave Asprey's coffee is insanely overpriced. Back when I bought into his mycotoxin scare I did some research and found ethiopian yirgacheffe to meet all of his criteria for what would make for mycotoxin free coffee and it costs about half as much as his bulletproof coffee.

Onnit also tested 4 different commercial brands of coffee, including folgers and starbucks, and found that there was not a significant amount of mycotoxins in any of them. It's a marketing scam, nothing more.

I've tried the recipe btw and the effect is no different from drinking coffee (or any other caffeine source) and eating bacon with it.

Actually there is a difference. Bacon has protein.

I'm surprised that Onnit wouldn't verify claims that companies make before selling their products. Why do it after they've already put their name behind it and a lot of people have bought it? Maybe too many people called BS and now they're trying to do damage control.

They don't sell that many products to begin with, so it seems to tarnish the image that Onnit's trying to create: products and services based on "actionable information" and "science". I wonder how many other of their products are complete bunk.

I love bulletproof coffee but if you can't tell Dave Asprey is completely full of shit after listening to him talk for 30 seconds you are naive.

I love an espresso roast in a moka pot and then blended with coconut oil. Frothing up some fat in coffee is the genius of bulletproof coffee. The specifics of the beans and type of fat are just BS and marketing.

I used to drink this a lot but forgot about it. Just regular coconut oil and I don't mind salted butter either. Best shaken not stirred though, mind

Might try it again tomorrow morning and go mental doing the gardening

Asprey's the stereotypical snake oil salesman. He's created a ridiculous imaginary problem and now profiting from the na

Back