Bulldog tries to protect Leo DiCaprio from bear attack

After the movie, I don't mind.

I'll tell you what fucks me up, and that's seeing all the green screen stuff. It really kills the illusion of the movie for me and it also just seems like a BORING AS HELL way to make a film.

What is less interesting than sitting around a studio, surrounded by green, and pretending shit is really there when it's not?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's amazing what we can do today with technology and I get that often times it's the only way. But I still don't like it.

movies-before-after-green-screen-cgi-alice-in-wonderland.jpg

before-and-after-shots-that-demonstrate-the-power-of-visual-effects-24.jpg

movies-before-after-green-screen-cgi-game-of-thrones-4.jpg

oz-the-great-and-powerfull-green-screen.jpg

I'll tell you what fucks me up, and that's seeing all the green screen stuff. It really kills the illusion of the movie for me and it also just seems like a BORING AS HELL way to make a film.

What is less interesting than sitting around a studio, surrounded by green, and pretending shit is really there when it's not?

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's amazing what we can do today with technology and I get that often times it's the only way. But I still don't like it.

I mostly agree, an exception would be I like what Robert Rodriguez did with Sin City, if you're gonna go fake go all the way, and he did pretty much ALL greenscreen, for everything. Which I thought worked really well.

I mostly agree, an exception would be I like what Robert Rodriguez did with Sin City, if you're gonna go fake go all the way, and he did pretty much ALL greenscreen, for everything. Which I thought worked really well.

Indeed.

Another movie that was pretty much all green screen was Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. In fact, that film has been credited with changing the whole industry, even though it didn't end up being a big success.

Here's an interesting read when you get a minute:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/sky...of-tomorrow/kerry-kevin-conran-what-happened/

OTOH you can respect the actors even more seeing what they're reacting to for the shot.

OTOH you can respect the actors even more seeing what they're reacting to for the shot.

Yeah, I'm not saying the actors aren't doing a great job. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem like it would be a particularly interesting experience, for the actors or the director.

I remember when there was a thread in the War Room about it being sexual lol.

I was pretty sad about the baby bears though.

Back