Building Your Own Mma Cage

GalltiK

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well i finally have some space on the other side of our complex to put a cage, so over the nex few weeks as we build this side i will be updating this thread on how we construct this cage.

Here are some tips on what we are using

1. Local fence supply place got us everything we need for $950

2. We are gonna built a platform for the inside of the cage to bring
the mats up to the bottom rail

3. We are padding the floor with one layer of carpet, and then
greatmats.com 1 inch premium puzzle mats over that.
($675 shipped)

Now this cage is not the BEST materials we could have used , but we just wanted a place for our guys to train and get a feel for a cage, you could buy thicker posts,thicker fence, a custom canvas with eva foam on the floor ect. but all that woudl add up to over 4-5 grand.

For that i would have just got a cage from csi for 6 grand :(

this is a nice looking functional cage for under 2 grand

here are some pics of me laying it out , and fitting the couplers together

Picture013.jpg

Picture007-1.jpg

Picture006-1.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture010-1.jpg

sweet deal, can't wait to see it finished. Are you going to do padding of sorts around the posts and topbar?

I look forward to seeing the progression gall, fucking nice man

see now I have to like, get a free trip to america so I can train at your place and rons place. god dammit, i hate u all.

~Foz

wow, you guys are some handy men arent you :)

Damn, that is amazing. You guys never cease to amaze the hell out of me.(Ive been following your other thread even tho I didnt sign up til yesterday).

Good job, and I hope you guys succeed.

your the coolest mothafucka ever!!!!!lol thats some sick shit bro
I just use the walls of my basement.........its like a half of cage.
Please post the fininsh product and the total amount that it cost U!

What a great thread GalltiK. My friend was saying just yesterday that he wanted to do this, I will have to send him the thread.

this is worse tham waiting for christmass when you're a kid

ok a few things are slowing us down, the picture above(the flanges) that hold the cross rails were aluminum and broke by just leaning on the damn frame lol, they replaced them with steel ones and we tack welded them on to the pipes for safety tonight, so i will put teh fram back together tommorow and start on putting the fence on sunday :)

Back