Building your own heavy duty bag stand!

Fantastic job.

Full parts list would be appreciated.

Last edited:
First of all... Thanks a lot codiak55 !

At first I had a wallmount installed, but my neighbour was complaining the walls were shaking a lot, so I had to find an alternative.
I was looking for a normal heavy bag stand, but I dind't like them.
And then I stumbled upon this thread and I knew immediatly "Damn, I have to build this thing!"
So I did it about a month ago and I really like it a lot! <cheer>

For any of you guys who have some free room available, but for some reason don't want to or can't put holes in the walls or ceiling. This is what you need!

1_zpscyxitz5f.jpg

2_zps8zdfmems.jpg

3_zpswtx2rxra.jpg

4_zpsuvrkgise.jpg

I would say this is about the minimum size if you also want to throw kicks, I was restricted trough the size of the room, but if you can go a bit bigger, you'll have more space to work around the heavy bag. I also didn't use the concrete footing, because I was scared to kick them because of the size restriction...
The stucture moves around and shakes a little bit, but not that much that it worries me breaking down.
The whole structure costed me around 150 €. A normal heavy bag stand would have cost around 180 €, most of them only support a 30kg heavy bag, mine is 50kg. I couldn't have moved 360° around the bag and I would have been scared to kick the metal bars that go at the sides of the bag.
That's a win in my book!

Here's a parts list for what I used:

4 wooden beams 245 x 8,5 x 8,5 cm for the posts
2 wooden beams 220 x 8,5 x 8,5 cm for the sides
3 wooden beams 270 x 8,5 x 8,5 cm for the top beams
8 wooden beams 100 x 8,5 x 8,5 cm for the cross beams
10 angled irons for the corners
20 screws M10 6cm for the angled irons (and some smaller screws)
16 screws M10 12cm for the crossbeams

I first drilled the crossbeams trough and then screwed them to the vertical posts to really tighten it all together.

5_zpsakmnvi9v.jpg

1_zpscyxitz5f.jpg

Thanks again codiak55, for making this thread in the first place and if you read this: How's your stand doing after all those years?

Have fun building guys!

Last edited:
Perhaps you could add ropes/cage fencing around it and have your self a little ring? Or perhaps when you want to give model 2 a go??

Back