Building an MMA gym

Keep us updated with pics, this is the most interesting thread ive been reading latley. Good luck man.

sweet location. you guys can wreak havoc and the auto boys will never hear a thing.

codysweet02 said:
Keep us updated with pics, this is the most interesting thread ive been reading latley. Good luck man.

true that, i'd love for this to be a regular thing where we get updated with pics regularily. Be nice to follow the development.

~Foz

Relly cool thread. Interesting to see, especially details regarding the construction and economy!
Keep posting!

K got some more work done last night ( we work Ft jobs so we get a little tired working after work ) :) but i got the custom canvas cut and grommeted $128 dollars it ended up being 15x15 ft , but they cut it 1ft too big but we are just gonna work with it instead of bringing it back. We also hung some more of that black plastic up on the celing to keep and dust particles out and cover the bare ceiling. I put down all the puzzle mats in the take down area and they are not that bad , maybe because there is now 3 layers of puzzle. There is two layers of half inch puzzle and now the big 1.25 inch on top of them.

We also got our thai bag in it was $235 shipped from title , its an everlast syn leather one its friggin bad arse , not too hard but not too soft .... justright :) we also hung a eye hook over the ring and hung a 75 pound bag in the middle that is quick release, just so you can get a feel for teh ring while also putting some rounds on the bag

gotta hang some more bags on sunday ( damn we have so many bags for a smaller gym lol) i will post more pics sunday night of the newest progress.

P.S i love having the bags in 3 corners of the take down area we have a body snatcher round bag in 1 corner, then the thai bag , then a upper cut bag so we started doing a drill that you jog around like a racetrack lol and hit each bag as you pass.... makes it fun :)

ok we got a little bit mor done over the weekend , if you look above at the pics wou will see the difference.

we put up a wall behind the ring to make the auto guys some storage behind there, and it left us some room to put two more bags. We are gonna put a heavy bag there (75lb got on craigslist.com for 30 bucks brand new lol) and the huge double ended bag we got at title boxing for $40 dollars this thing is huge , you hit it hard and you better watch out it comes right back fast and hits ya in the face pics

a8.jpg

a7.jpg

we also got the canvas made for the ring but we are not gonna put it on there until we are finished with everything, i also had a friend of mine make a vinly graphic stencil for 30 dollars and we are gonna put the name in the center of the ring by laying down the stencil and painting the name right on the canvas

aaa4.jpg

and last i had the great job of laying down the damn last puzzle mats it brightened up the room alot as compared to the pics above

a9.jpg

a20.jpg

this hook/uppercut bag is my favorite bag you can work all kinds of angles and even knees on it

we had our first workout last night and finally realized how fat and outta shape i am lol , but hey it can only get better :) i am 6'2" 315 right now and for my very first workout i didnt do to bad , lasted about 2.5 rounds doing circuit drills and havent started running yet

but man hitting bags and hitting thai pads/punch mits is a whole new ballgame to get used to huh?

GalltiK said:
but man hitting bags and hitting thai pads/punch mits is a whole new ballgame to get used to huh?

This is true, try out the Bas fighting and workout CD's then you will know what real pain is :wink:

Man, that black room with the red pads looks great. I keep expecting the Gimp to be hiding in the corner.

www.SSFgear.com

GalltiK, this is AWESOME. I bookmarked this page to read whatever addons, updates, pics you put up!

It inspired me to get my brother to help turn his garage in to a similar idea. It won't be as big with the different areas- but we will mimic a few ideas :)

Can you show some links to the items you purchased at which places, I couldn't find the puzzle mats at costco's website

yeah there not on the site, and whne we last went there they had no more :( its kinda when they have them in they havem kinda deal at costco. like all of them are different if you go there

GalltiK said:
yeah there not on the site, and whne we last went there they had no more :( its kinda when they have them in they havem kinda deal at costco. like all of them are different if you go there

ohhhhhhh ok
I gotta find a local costcos then and check it out. but, you really inspired me to make my brother turn his garage in to a better workout spot for us!

home depot has the same puzzle mats also. they made such a difference in that room, looks great. hows the ventilation? doesnt seem to be any windows.

there is a back door we are gonna leave open a front door and 4 windows, we have those industrial fans also , so we should be ok. If not there is a working ac that we can install if it gets too hot

this place is f*ckin awesome, man! I may have to stop by if I'm up in Boston when its finished:) .

Great job on the ring. It looks really professional, especially for the price you did it for.

I really like that uppercut bag. It would be cool if you rig one up to a hand rachet winch through a pulley thats hung from the ceiling. That way you could adjust the height for knees and stuff.

thats a nice idea man , i might have to steal that :) thx

I'm interested in finding out how you built the ringand maybe getting some directions from you I am looking into building one for my little training place.

Back