Build your fighter Mount Rushmore and why they get carved by you

toasty

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Khabib for dominance and dedication to the sport, Kazushi for bravery and skill, Georges for martial spirit and well roundedness, rampage for showmanship and highlight making. As pretty well shown here I tend to like the quiet humble workman like guys over the flashy talkers, but Rampage was the exception as he seemed to be completely real in it and not playing some character for more views. YOURS?
fighter mount rushmore.JPG.png

Takanori Gomi- Nuff said. The GOAT and my personal favourite fighter of all time, real name Takanori GOATmi.

GSP- Probably the actual GOAT, but he wasn't the one that made me fall in love with the sport.

Anderson- One of the best to ever do it, best highlight reel of anybody in MMA history

Saku- The best example of warrior spirit and never giving up I've ever seen in combat sports.

Fedor: The most accomplished fighter in the division where the strongest fighters fight
Jones: P4P the most accomplished fighter (Most victories over top 10 fighters)
GSP: P4P the second most accomplished fighter
Anderson: P4P the third most accomplished fighter

All those attributes listed, I could care less. My Mount Rushmore is reserved only for the best of the best

Jones takes up all 4 spots, one for his incredible MMA accomplishments, one for displaying the highest standard of moral and ethics, one for his contributions towards humanity and charity and one for his outstanding dedication to practising and preaching Christianity to the world

@Dana's Moonface Jones bless.
1701009623274.png
1701009087481.png
1701009098374.png

Last edited:
87advg.jpg

Anderson Silva
GSP
Jon Jones

OK there is only 3.

Royce - pioneer
GSP - GOAT, great ambassador, changed the game with a complete skillset
Fedor - HW GOAT, great ambassador, complete skillset early helped pave the way
McGregor - for better or worse, transcended the sport and became somewhat bigger than the sport itself for some time

Last edited:
GSP - The best ever, imo.

DJ - Just below the best ever.

Stipe - Imo, the Stipe that beat Ngannou beats every single mma fighter that I know of.

Amanda Nunes - Quite literally the ONLY TRUE GOAT. Because she actually beat every other champion in 3 different weight classes up until now that any person could ever try to put into the GOAT discussion.

* People actually busted for peds don’t qualify.

Btw.. I’ve been to Mount Rushmore. I was surprised by how small it actually is. I expected it to be much bigger. It’s still awesome, though.

It’s maybe 1/10 the size of Crazy Horse Memorial just down the road a little bit. That is HUGE. Unfortunately it isn’t expected to be finished for another 50 years or some shit.

Fedor, Khabib, Sergey Kharitonov, Sergei Pavlovich

I concur with the FEDOR, JONES, GSP, ANDERSON overwhelming majority consensus.

That said, I also concur with the ROYCE GRACIE mention, as the pioneer who had to face people much bigger than he was.

The only acceptable answer therefore, is another head/bust needs to be built to have a 5-fighter Mount Rushmore that includes Royce Gracie :)

Last edited:
Royce, Fedor, anderson and gsp

Wanderlei Silva - because he was the reason I started watching mma.
Mirko Filipović - because he made me love mma.
Josh Barnett - because he is my all-around favourite mma fighter.
Sakuraba - because of reasons.

Yea, I know, but this is my mountain, GOATs be damned.

Back