BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Reboot

If they had auditions for the role, and the best actress happened to be black, i wouldn’t give a shit.

But the fact that they changed Buffy to be black, just because and don’t even have any idea who might play the role yet pisses me off.

So we might get some half assed actress , who can’t play the part right , just because she was the best black chick they could get to audition and they HAD to make Buffy, a historically ditsy white chick from the valley, (which is part of the humor) black.

Fuck that. Should just have Tequesha, the vampire slayer from
The ghetto instead.

Oh sure, this'll be as successful as Black Bauer.

249208.jpg
That was a new character in the 24 verse. Wasn't a reboot, not at all similar to this topic tbh.

Anyway, Buffy doesn't need a reboot, reboot Angel.

BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER Reboot in the Works with Showrunner Monica Owusu-Breen

FcpG1i3.jpg

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is getting the reboot treatment.

20th Century Fox Television, who produced the original Joss Whedon drama, have put a new take on the beloved Sarah Michelle Gellar drama in development. Writer Monica Breen, who worked with Whedon on ABC's Agents of SHIELD, has been hired to pen the adaptation and serve as showrunner on the reboot.

Whedon will be an exec producer on the series and has been working with Breen on the script, which features a black actress stepping into the role of Buffy made famous by Gellar.

Gail Berman, Joe Earley, Fran Kazui and Kaz Kazui (who produced Whedon's original Buffy film that inspired the TV series) will also serve as exec producers on the potential series. A network is not yet attached for the new Buffy, talks for which began last fall. Producers Fox 21 TV Studios will pitch the Buffy re-do to streaming and cable outlets later this summer in a package bound to ignite a bidding war. It's unclear if Whedon will have any additional role on the new Buffy due to his other commitments, which include HBO's recent straight-to-series order The Nevers.

Talks for a new Buffy began last fall. A decision to move forward was determined after Breen was identified as the right writer for the reboot. A script or director has not yet been determined. Casting for the central role of Buffy has also not yet been determined. The new version, sources say, will be contemporary and build on the mythology of the original. Like today's world, the new Buffy will be richly diverse, with some aspects of the series, like the flagship, seen as metaphors for issues facing society today.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer ran for seven seasons on The WB Network (which evolved to become The CW) and UPN. The series continued in comic book form after completing its run in 2003. Buffy was based on the feature film of the same name that starred Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry that was originally penned by Whedon.

The cult favorite series became a breakout and helped turn Whedon into a household name, while also launching the careers of the series' stars (including David Boreanaz and Alyson Hannigan) and writers (including Jane Espenson and Marti Noxon). Buffy ranks as one of the greatest TV series of all time.

Breen recently created and showran NBC's Midnight, Texas. She left the series after season one. Her credits include Revolution, Fringe, Brothres & Sisters, Alias, Lost and Charmed.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...boot-inclusive-take-joss-whedon-works-1128888

3269683-2038397-loki_facepalm.jpg

She had a gay friend in the original,
Who was the gay friend in THE Original with the Kristian chick(can’t remember her name exactly) I don’t remember anyone gay in the ORIGINAL.

But yes in the spin off tv show they did, so I’m ok with that.

And the California valley is full of teh gays, so it fits naturally.

It would be like if someone in a film in New Orleans had a tranny friend,

IS NORMAL

That was a new character in the 24 verse. Wasn't a reboot, not at all similar to this topic tbh.

Anyway, Buffy doesn't need a reboot, reboot Angel.
Angel was a much better show imo.

I actually watched that one for a season or two.

As long as the new Buffy is still fine as fuck.

didn't willow turn out to be a muff diver in the original?

I read like 4 responses and people are so triggered over Buffy being played by a black actress.

God damn, Sherfront never disappoints lmao

Leave Buffy alone!!!!!

dc25f1308aba68a8b5b9dc09a795c413.gif

The reboot didn't seem too shit an idea until i saw the race swap and now it's obvious which sjw direction this series is gonna take. What really sucks is they're rebooting something that had a decisive ending rather than picking up where Angel left off, which was the much superior series.

I do like vampire stuff however so i might still tune in for some staking and tranny acceptance narrative.

I'm listening with much excitement! Thank You ts! I'm a big fan of the series.

<GinJuice>

If they had auditions for the role, and the best actress happened to be black, i wouldn’t give a shit.

But the fact that they changed Buffy to be black, just because and don’t even have any idea who might play the role yet pisses me off.

So we might get some half assed actress , who can’t play the part right , just because she was the best black chick they could get to audition and they HAD to make Buffy, a historically ditsy white chick from the valley, (which is part of the humor) black.

Fuck that. Should just have Tequesha, the vampire slayer from
The ghetto instead.

Lol I was sorta with you till the last completely unnecessary dig. Y'all just can't help yourselves with these topics huh? The projection is always inevitable.

Anyway...the Buffy theme song was always a guilty pleasure of mine back in the day. And for the record, Angel was the better show despite it being canned early.

I dont even care about the blackness swap. I already commented before reading the articles details lol.

My issue is that the show was fucking perfect. And the cast was fucking perfect.

This is like doing a Seinfeld reeboot

No

A. No one can replace the actors for these characters and

B. Its still aged well

literally no point in doing this outside of an unimaginative cash grab

I dont even care about the blackness swap. I already commented before reading the articles details lol.

My issue is that the show was fucking perfect. And the cast was fucking perfect.

This is like doing a Seinfeld reeboot

No

A. No one can replace the actors for these characters and

B. Its still aged well

literally no point in doing this outside of an unimaginative cash grab
Hehehehehehe

oops im drunjk

sherbros quote her and tell her i said eat a bag of dicks

Back