Buakaw vs. Yodsanklai: will it happen?

gmr7494

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Anyone have any insider knowledge on this?

Buakaw is still active and Yodsanklai is making a come back, so it's not impossible.

Somehow I don't see it happening though.

Buakaw is still active and Yodsanklai is making a come back, so it's not impossible.

Somehow I don't see it happening though.

I don't see how it could live up to be honest outside of knowing 'who would win', which is kinda redundant anyway because they could both probably beat each other depending on the day.

This fight is a weird one to me, it's not really like boxing where fighters are hid from each other for years and years and then finally clash once - this is a sport where everyone fights everyone about 6 times. So I don't get how a singular 3 to 5 round fight between these two could ever live up to all the speculation.

That being said, I imagine if they fought 5 times, Yodsanklai would probably win about 3.

I don't think it ever happens. Buakaw gets paid well to smash midlevel guys. He would have to get a massive payday to fight Yod.

I don't think it ever happens. Buakaw gets paid well to smash midlevel guys. He would have to get a massive payday to fight Yod.
They both face pretty much the same level of competition.

Kunlun did kinda say it might happen. Might, not will.

They both face pretty much the same level of competition.
True, I just think Buakaw is a lot more loaded and would be the one who would need a significant financial incentive to take a serious risk of losing.

Strangely this fight doesn't interest me as much as it once did. I am a big fan of Yod's fighting style, however I imagine they could both cancel each other out.

yod said to a fan when asked a couple of months ago when he wasn't even training that there were great news coming and they should just wait and see about the fight...he didn't sound like he was trolling.

buakaw will be fit as he has other good fights like the rescheduled one with pinca and other confirmed fights for his own promotion,the fight with the kid who def bon for enfusion in march...

we'll see

That being said, I imagine if they fought 5 times, Yodsanklai would probably win about 3.

Why do you think that?

I don't think it ever happens. Buakaw gets paid well to smash midlevel guys. He would have to get a massive payday to fight Yod. I just think Buakaw is a lot more loaded and would be the one who would need a significant financial incentive to take a serious risk of losing.

That's also my thoughts. It would have to be for a great load of money as there's a lot of risk involved in this fight for him; both in terms of reputation but also the risk of getting injured or KO'd which is much higher when fighting Yod compared to any of the opponents he's been facing recently.

Kunlun did kinda say it might happen. Might, not will.

When was that though? Was it when that 1 million dollars cash prize was on the table or after?

yod said to a fan when asked a couple of months ago when he wasn't even training that there were great news coming and they should just wait and see about the fight...he didn't sound like he was trolling.

:eek: please don't get us hyped for nothing ;)

buakaw will be fit as he has other good fights like the rescheduled one with pinca and other confirmed fights for his own promotion,the fight with the kid who def bon for enfusion in march...

When's the rescheduled Pinca fight for?

When was that though? Was it when that 1 million dollars cash prize was on the table or after?
Before was that MAS thingy.Think Kunlun said something a few days ago, their timeline would've been for the big season ender show which would be really soon though. Easy for that to not happen since everyone can just go nah too soon not trained enough.

Before was that MAS thingy.Think Kunlun said something a few days ago, their timeline would've been for the big season ender show which would be really soon though. Easy for that to not happen since everyone can just go nah too soon not trained enough.

If this fight were to happen they definitely need to let both fighters have enough time to train properly for it. If it ever happens we want the best possible versions of both.

By big season ender show do you mean New Year's Eve / New Year's Day? That would be way too soon indeed IMO.

For their Chinese year ender show with 70kg finals and so on, think it's like Feb 4th.

:eek: please don't get us hyped for nothing ;)

When's the rescheduled Pinca fight for?

well tell yod about that he's teasing this for quite some time now!

pinca..not sure when but it will still be in paris.

Why do you think that?

Largely because while I do think that Yodsanklai is better, I don't think Buakaw is any where near as behind the curb as some muay thai purists would have you believe. The dude was legit in Muay Thai, he wasn't Yodsanklai level sure, but the dude was tough.

I think Yod takes it more often though in part because Buakaw has trouble with attacks from the left side. He really doesn't like the southpaw rear elbow that Khayal kept clipping him with - and while Yodsanklai is far from an elbow fighter, he is certainly competent with them enough to hit Buakaw with them. That's also the same reason that I think Fabio Pinca would beat Buakaw if that fight ever actually happened.

While i think that power and speed are the least important parts of the fight game, I do also struggle to recall a time that buakaw fought a kicker as hard Yodsanklai, Buakaw is usually the harder kicker when he fights - and in this case, he's not, at least not according to John Wayne Parr, who fought both.

Back