Brutal war of words between Groenhart and Harut Grigorian before Glory Paris

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“I'm going to crush Harut, because he's been talking some sh-t and I don't like his face, ” said welterweight contender Murthel Groenhart (65-22-3, 37 KO's) in an interview posted to the GLORY website earlier this week.

The two were supposed to fight at GLORY 41 HOLLAND last month but a broken toe forced Harut Grigorian (44-10, 32 KO's) out and now they are fighting at GLORY 42 PARIS on June 10 instead. It will be the second meeting between them, Groenhart owning a comeback stoppage victory from their 2012 encounter.

In his interview, Groenhart went on to say that he intends to beat Grigorian in a statement fashion which will make his claim to a title shot undeniable. He poured scorn on his opponent for cancelling last month's engagement over a broken toe and said he intends to break it for him again.

These comments drew a smile from Grigorian. A man of few words, Grigorian does his talking in the ring. With a total of 44 career wins, 73% of them by knockout, it is fair to say that he generally makes a convincing argument between the ropes.

“Dogs who bark a lot are not dangerous,” was his response to Groenhart's words. “ Let's see what happens in Paris in June 10, we will see if he runs away from me the entire fight or not. He got lucky the last time we fought, he won't get lucky this time.”

GLORY 42 PARIS takes place Saturday, June 10 at the Accor Hotel Arena in Paris, France and is headlined by a welterweight showdown between defending champion Cedric Doumbé and former champion Nieky Holzken.

The winner of the fight between Groenhart and Grigorian will go forward to take a title shot against the winner of the fight between Doumbé and Holzken, making GLORY 42 one of the most pivotal cards of the year for the GLORY welterweight division.

interesting rematch,the first fight was good and Murthel was able to comeback and knock grigorian out

i still cant enjoying to watch murthel,his fight style still too messy and sloppy depiste he improved a lot in it

The first fight at K1 Max was a WAR. can't wait for a rematch. I got Grigorian by decision.

Back