Brussels police officer leaking info to terrorists

tonni

POTY 2020
Banned
Reaction score
from http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws.english/News/1.3070409 (English)
and
https://www.demorgen.be/binnenland/hielp-politieman-brusselse-terreurcel-bd2e0145/ (Dutch)

A Brussels police officer suspected of leaking confidential information from a terrorism case is thought to have been in contact with Yassine Atar, a brother of Oussama Atar and nephew of the El Bakraoui Brothers held responsible for the suicide attacks at Brussels Airport and on the metro on 22 March last year.

The officer and Yassine Atar (pictured) are believed to have been in contact before the attacks. The officer was detained on Monday and accused of violating the police code of conduct and corruption. He is thought to have leaked confidential information to people under scrutiny in a terrorism investigation. The officer is believed to have been in contact with Yassine Atar, the brother of Oussama Atar, who is suspected of organising the Brussels attacks on the metro and the airport via WhatsApp. The Atar Brothers are nephews of the El Bakraoui Brothers, who blew themselves up during the metro and airport attacks.

Yassine Atar is Oussama Atar's younger brother. He's been in custody since he was detained five days after the attacks. His exact role is unclear, though he is believed to be a pivotal figure.

<{danayeah}>

from what I read, he was warning terror suspects when they were being investigated or were planning to do a raid on one of their houses/garages. he was using whatsapp as a means of communications.

there are still a lot of weapon stashes missing in Belgium, linked to various terror attacks, and the police and intelligence agencies have suspected a leak in the department for a while now. time after time, even after really solid leads, the garages and houses were emptied before a raid was done.

possibly the officer even helped hide the weapons.

Belgium has been criticized in the past for not fighting terrorism effectively, and for having an incompetent police force and intelligence agency. a lot of the domestic terrorists in Europe come from, or at least have contacts or have been in the Brussels area, specifically Schaerbeek and Molenbeek.

<6>

That's not misconduct it is Treason and he should be hung publicly.

That's not misconduct it is Treason and he should be hung publicly.
knowing Belgium, it would either take years to find a suitable rope or it would break mid-hanging

Time for...
il_570xN.612704994_qiqh.jpg
... to return and clean the house!

What a fucking shit show Europe has become remember when west Europe used to look down on the eastern blocks haha who's laughing now

tenor.gif

FFS Belgium, you always do this to me when I start believing in you again...

At least they caught the guy. Hopefully something comes out of this and they start monitoring sus police officers more or they learn something new from the texts.

do you know if Brussels sprouts a lot of terrorists?

I think Brussels might be the worst European city

Looks to me like more evidence diversity is a strength.

dutch sounds like a retard-version of German with some English mixed in #nooffense

"Als dispatcher had E.S. toegang tot geheime politie-informatie, die mogelijk terroristen geholpen heeft"
<36>

dutch sounds like a retard-version of German with some English mixed in #nooffense

"Als dispatcher had E.S. toegang tot geheime politie-informatie, die mogelijk terroristen geholpen heeft"
<36>
<{Joewithit}>

Back