Bruno Mars' ridiculous touring life

I can’t stand him. Literally a feminine Manlet with a Rock sized ego. I change the station when his songs come on as I find them irritating as fuck.

He is quite the talented little fucker. I like most of his stuff. Dude has a hell of a voice and can dance, and sounds great live.

He isn't my #1 goto, but I can put aside all my manliness when need be and admit when someone has talent without resorting to ken_jeong_gay.gif's right away.

Singing for an hour every other night isn't really rigorous work.

Singing for two hours for 4-5 days in a week isn't really rigorous work.

It's not just that. It's the accumulation of everything he has done in his career/life. He also (co)writes most of his songs. You are underplaying his achievements even if he is a rare talent.

c18.gif

This guy gets it

Massive respect for Bruno Mars.

I like him even more when i watched the carpool karaoke video

The guy performed and worked on his talents from the age of what? 4? Jeez, i will never get that level of commitment to a talent/career.

Whether one likes his songs or not (disclaimer: i tend to like them), i don't understand how come someone doesn't respect hard workers and overall highly talented people. I don't care for Moby and his music, but i can appreciate that he has a ton of fans, people like to work with him, and is a man of many talents. It is not beneath me to say "I don't care for his music bcs it's not the genre of music i usually listen, but i respect him".

Singing for an hour every other night isn't really rigorous work.

That's a bit presumptuous to say. Have you ever toured? I haven't, but from what i hear/read, it's a PITA.

From riding most of the day, to sleep deprivation, mostly unhealthy eating habits, no partying whatsoever (otherwise you can't perform) etc etc. Ti do it consistently, regularly, for several months at a time, and provide an adequate level of entertainment (especially if not lip-syncing), it's exhausting. That "one hour" is energizing, but the adrenaline dump that follows, each and every single night. Man. I can only imagine playing "Turn the page" over and over again.

It's not just that. It's the accumulation of everything he has done in his career/life. He also (co)writes most of his songs. You are underplaying his achievements even if he is a rare talent.

I never said he wasn't talented or somewhat impressive. Just that it's not really a rigorous lifestyle that he lives.

That's a bit presumptuous to say. Have you ever toured? I haven't, but from what i hear/read, it's a PITA.

From riding most of the day, to sleep deprivation, mostly unhealthy eating habits, no partying whatsoever (otherwise you can't perform) etc etc. Ti do it consistently, regularly, for several months at a time, and provide an adequate level of entertainment (especially if not lip-syncing), it's exhausting. That "one hour" is energizing, but the adrenaline dump that follows, each and every single night. Man. I can only imagine playing "Turn the page" over and over again.

I have toured, actually. Back when I was still trying to "make it" as a musician. With a few different bands, up and down the East Coast. But my experience with touring is being dirt poor and relying on strangers for food, places to sleep other than a van in the middle of winter.

Bruno Mars doesn't tour in a way that is "exhausting" in a way that anyone who works for a living will have sympathy for. If he doesn't fly between cities, I guarantee he's on a tour bus the size of a small house with all the amenities of one. The dude is a multi-millionaire. He earned it, as far as anyone can "earn" millions of dollars for singing. But what he does is not hard. Most touring musicians would kill for even a fraction of the comfort that dude tours with.

Five foot tall lounge singer lookin like fez valderama singing stupid songs about grenades and uptown bullshit
Ironic that you mention Fez because him, John Mayer, Derek Jeter, and Wilt Chamberlain are probably the only guys who have pulled as much pussy as this "manlet".

That-70s-Show-Fez-800x400.jpg

I remember when the lead sing of the Dixie Chicks stated just how many millions of albums they sold, but the band saw just a small percentage of that money.

During the interview, she discussed that the real money for musicians in in touring. So, I can see why a young performer would want to do 200 shows rather than spend the time trying to cut a new album in the studio.

The wife and I brought our oldest to one of his concerts last july. I wasn't a huge fan though I did like uptown funk.

It was one of my top 3 favorite concerts of all time. The kid has a touring band (no DJ crap), does all of his singing (no lipsyncing), will shred on the guitar for some songs (his live version of grenade is so much better than the album version) and he dances throughout.

I left the concert with a whole new respect for the guy. I can't believe he is doing it 210 times. I'd say he has one or two more tours before he starts phoning it in. No one can sustain that level of energy forever no matter how much cocaine you consume.

I’m a Bruno fan. He’s got the trifecta of dramatic talent (song,dance,act)

One of the few male acts left with real talent. Glad he made it big.

He’s not my daily flavor per say, but I can appreciate his music and a lot of his songs are fun.
His super bowl halftime show a few years back shits on anything recent. The dude is talented

Nobody would know who he is if he didn’t complete his Illuminati sex magic rituals

Nothing but respect for him.

However, I feel his most popular song is uptown funk. You know that he is not even credited as the main artist for that song? Now someone like Mark Ronson, he is someone people should make fun of and have no respect for. Dude is a no talent hack who had to use his parents money and connections to pay someone to make a decent song for him.

Same with that guy Kevin Rudolf who made the song "let it rock" with Lil' Wayne.

Those guys are such :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s (As Bill Burr would use the word :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:).

Back