Bruno Malfacine kicked my ass!

I like how you narrate the roll Jake. It reminds me of Rolling Reflections a little bit. I hope you do some more of that in the future.

Has somebody tried the techniques or positions that Bruno showed ? Elaborate please :D

Has somebody tried the techniques or positions that Bruno showed ? Elaborate please :D

Yes I did in training that very night.
After a little more drilling they work very good.
The key is the beginning.
You have to turn your hips and kick with your spider leg.
That makes him off balance and allows the entry into the 3 sweeps he showed.
Very slick once you get it down.

Wow awesome, I'm definetly gonna give it a go.

Yes I did in training that very night.
After a little more drilling they work very good.
The key is the beginning.
You have to turn your hips and kick with your spider leg.
That makes him off balance and allows the entry into the 3 sweeps he showed.
Very slick once you get it down.

Sweet! Looks like maintaining control that hooked/near leg is going to be 'the fight'. Will definitly try it when i get back from injury. Great stuff btw, awesome to see guys like Bruno trying his best to talk english not just sticking to the portuguese.

Sweet! Looks like maintaining control that hooked/near leg is going to be 'the fight'. Will definitly try it when i get back from injury. Great stuff btw, awesome to see guys like Bruno trying his best to talk english not just sticking to the portuguese.

The funniest part was before we started filming I looked over at Bruno he looked nervous - wiping his sweaty hands on his pants with a distressed look on his face. I asked him "which are you more nervous about - the mundials next week or today's Rolled Up?" "Today!" he replied quickly!

The funniest part was before we started filming I looked over at Bruno he looked nervous - wiping his sweaty hands on his pants with a distressed look on his face. I asked him "which are you more nervous about - the mundials next week or today's Rolled Up?" "Today!" he replied quickly!
Haha, his English was good for someone who primarily speaks Portuguese. I can only imagine how nervous he probably was though, nothing more nerve wrecking than having to film in your second language.

Ha - you could tell that he was very nervous. Great video.

Hit the second sweep he showed today (in a slower warm-up roll, but still). I was working the first sweep and then underhooked the leg and put it on the other side when he was off-balance, from there it was easy to finish.

I really want that terere gi!! That inner lining looks and probably feels awesome.

The gym is closed today, so I finally was able to check this out.

I like the new intro. The production value keeps getting better and better, too. Definitely one of my favorite episodes.

Back