Bruised Ribs

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score
Can I grapple with this? I took an unexpected and unpadded knee in the lower part of my left side ribs. (Man sometimes I hate this guy)

Hurts when I cough and stuff and I can feel it when I move. Is training grappling going to make it worse? It just feels tender.
I didn’t feel my ribs until about 30 minutes after sparring, just felt like a hard knee at the time

I think I took it in a bad spot too because I was in the clinch and partially turned sideways. So it didn’t hit front on in the ribs but from the side

Can I grapple with this? I took an unexpected and unpadded knee in the lower part of my left side ribs. (Man sometimes I hate this guy)

Hurts when I cough and stuff and I can feel it when I move. Is training grappling going to make it worse? It just feels tender.
I didn’t feel my ribs until about 30 minutes after sparring, just felt like a hard knee at the time

I think I took it in a bad spot too because I was in the clinch and partially turned sideways. So it didn’t hit front on in the ribs but from the side
If you can wear one of those protective torso pads, and be extremely picky with your rolling partners without hurting any feelings, yeah. Otherwise I'd stay on the safe side if I was you.

Probably not depending on the severity

My first fight I got bruised ribs, and I figured I'd do some light rolling or drilling. Did a armbar drill where the bottom guard player would swivel side to side.. well pain was pretty deep so I had to opt out like a wuss

saturday-is-coming-can-you-smell-it.jpg

Get an x-ray.

Wow that’s fucked. Super gay of my training partner. We have a rule that we don’t knee each other hard if we don’t have knee pads on

Wow that’s fucked. Super gay of my training partner. We have a rule that we don’t knee each other hard if we don’t have knee pads on
Have sex with him, that'll teach him

I grappled for about a month or so before I left a friends gym. I managed to get my rib injured by some doing a really tight guard on me.

Like they already said, it's possible to continue training if it's controlled with someone trust worthy

Back