Bruce Lee would be a nightmare match up for Demetrious Johnson.

anyone who has done traditional martial arts can see he had good kicking technique. Joe Rogan commented on it.

Yep but that doesn't make him the unstoppable machine some people think he was
He was an actor overacting and buying his own b.s.
Any decent wrestler would have wrecked him in a real fight period

SEND ME YOUR WRASSLERS!!

b kickllss.gif b kungf.gif

He trained wrestling and judo with Gene Labell so he had knowledge of grappling and submissions.

Bruce Lee was a legit martial artist. There was just no money in martial arts back then, as opposed to acting and gaining exposure. But if you watch footage if him without any speed ups or retakes, you'll see Bruce was a physical freak of nature. He also studied other Martial arts as well, and I believe Jeet Kun Do itself was about combining elements of different martial arts. So it a way, it was sort of like a prototype of MMA.

That being said, unless he had takedown defense, I think DJ would've dealt with him without too much trouble.

Bruce Lee was NOT 125lbs at 5'7 lol I can assure you that. He was around 140-145 in Enter the Dragon. Not any less. If he WAS to fight in MMA, he would fit perfectly at Bantamweight. He could easily bulk up a little bit if he really wanted too, without a doubt. There are also facts about Bruce Lee that at some points he topped a little over 165 when he was lifting weights a little more.

That being said, If Bruce Lee did train as a mma fighter and that existed back then, I wouldn't have a doubt he would have been a champ if that's what he was committed to his entire life.

Last edited:
If Bruce lee with his mind was able to train modern mma, he would have been a UFC caliber fighter, or at least bellator..

Newsflash, anybody that is top5 in any division that is not 125 micro midget zero depth division would beat mighty mouse.

Even though ts is trolling, there are people who really do believe that shit.

Bruce Lee was NOT 125lbs at 5'7 lol I can assure you that. He was around 140-145 in Enter the Dragon. Not any less. If he WAS to fight in MMA, he would fit perfectly at Bantamweight. He could easily bulk up a little bit if he really wanted too, without a doubt. There are also facts about Bruce Lee that at some points he topped a little over 165 when he was lifting weights a little more.

That being said, If Bruce Lee did train as a mma fighter and that existed back then, I wouldn't have a doubt he would have been a champ if that's what he was committed to his entire life.
He never legitimately competed in his life and you're concluding he'd be a champ.

I always find it amazing when people say bruce lee was just an actor who couldn't really fight. Prior to his TV and film career he opened and taught at 2 dojos. He studied wing chun with IP man. If you read Tao of Jeet Kune Do it's a hand book for MMA, boxing, perrys and feints from fencing, grappling, thai boxing, footwork, angles, it's all in there. Enter the Dragon contains what's prob the first on screen armbar.
I'm sure he could fight. (he was notorious for constant street fighting when he lived in Hong Kong.)
Was he the toughest guy in the world? of course not. Would beat Cormier, Stipe or any of these guys in the octagon? Prob not. but he was a serious martial artist and his philosophy on fighting and combining different styles was far ahead of its time.

He never legitimately competed in his life and you're concluding he'd be a champ.

I know he never did, but with the skills he had and whatever martial arts he created; I think if there's any average guy who started training mma at a young age and started to compete later and be successful; Bruce lee would have had a pretty good chance of getting far. There was no money in mma back then obviously and it wasn't even really a thing. So naturally guys like him opted to acting etc where big money was.

79a00895jw1e90ukhjs0hg207s04de81.gif

Bruce Lee inspired guys like Silva, Jones and many other legends, but according to sherdog, he was just an actor.

I have to say - some real ignorance from you young 'uns about Bruce Lee and who he was.

World champions in kickboxing, karate, etc. were seeking him out for private training sessions and were in awe of his abilities. The guy was dedicated to being the best and maybe he was.

"Just an actor", ugh.

And yes my AVI is appropriate. Fuck You.

79a00895jw1e90ukhjs0hg207s04de81.gif

Bruce Lee inspired guys like Silva, Jones and many other legends, but according to sherdog, he was just an actor.
And to others on sherdog a guy who never fought was a fighter.

Back