Bruce Bartlett: Republican's Lied To Push A Massive Tax Overhaul

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
Bruce is saying what I said they lied to now have this 30 percent expansion in the deficit. Reason is simple to now gut the social safety net social security an Medicare.

He said they knew full well they were going to expand the deficit so they can give tax breaks to the wealthy while cutting social programs by large amounts. He even name the people Steve mnuchin, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, President Trump and others knowing lied to the American people.

I am not a fan of this guy because he to looks out for the rich but he is much more of a deficit hawk then the people in office today.

He is saying this right now on the last word. over 2/3 of Republicans are now unhappy with the tax cut.

Bruce is saying what I said they lied to now have this 30 percent expansion in the deficit. Reason is simple to now gut the social safety net social security an Medicare.

He said they knew full well they were going to expand the deficit so they can give tax breaks to the wealthy while cutting social programs by large amounts. He even name the people Steve mnuchin, Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, President Trump and others knowing lied to the American people.

I am not a fan of this guy because he to looks out for the rich but he is much more of a deficit hawk then the people in office today.

He is saying this right now on the last word.
Here’s the problem I have with this rhetoric, there’s 7,000,000 job openings right now and it’s starting to drive wages up. Also he’s finally starting to enforce stricter tariffs, which should bring in a ton of money. The economy is humming right now.

Of course.

Spend huge, cut taxes, run up the debt, then turn around and tell people we can’t afford social security.

That’s always been the Ryan/ McConnell/ Koch plan.

It’s called gaslighting. It will work because American conservative voters are fucking pussies with a daddy complex.

Last edited:

He is saying this right now on the last word. over 2/3 of Republicans are now unhappy with the tax cut.
They said otherwise?

Here’s the problem I have with this rhetoric, there’s 7,000,000 job openings right now and it’s starting to drive wages up. Also he’s finally starting to enforce stricter tariffs, which should bring in a ton of money. The economy is humming right now.
Questions about this 7 million number an the longer term impact on the economy.

2 trillion dollar deficit expansion according to Austin Goilsbee. No 4,000 additional in the pockets of Americans. Hash tag where's my 4,000 dollars lol.

The Republicans are like that friend who say's he's gonna take everybody out to dinner and it's his treat, so they go out to dinner and everybody eats what they want, drinks what they want but at the end of the night when it's time to pay the bill that friend says he left his wallet at home and now everybody else has to end up paying for dinner not only for themselves but also for that friend.

Last edited:
"After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

"It’s disappointing, but it’s not a Republican problem," McConnell said of the deficit, which grew 17 percent to $779 billion in fiscal year 2018. McConnell explained to Bloomberg that "it’s a bipartisan problem: Unwillingness to address the real drivers of the debt by doing anything to adjust those programs to the demographics of America in the future." The deficit has increased 77 percent since McConnell became majority leader in 2015."

Seriously not a Republican problem lol.

Bruce about the cuts a year ago.
"No, I think its dreadful legislation, and the proof of that is that the Republicans are trying to rush this thing through in the dead of night without anybody knowing what the hell is in the legislation. If it's so great, they should be detailing it, all its various provisions, instead of keeping them secret. So I think this is just going to be very harmful to the economy if it passes."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tu...x-bill-is-dreadful-legislation?media=AMP+HTML

"After instituting a $1.5 trillion tax cut and signing off on a $675 billion budget for the Department of Defense, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Tuesday that the only way to lower the record-high federal deficit would be to cut entitlement programs like Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security.

"It’s disappointing, but it’s not a Republican problem," McConnell said of the deficit, which grew 17 percent to $779 billion in fiscal year 2018. McConnell explained to Bloomberg that "it’s a bipartisan problem: Unwillingness to address the real drivers of the debt by doing anything to adjust those programs to the demographics of America in the future." The deficit has increased 77 percent since McConnell became majority leader in 2015."

Seriously not a Republican problem lol.
Oh man what I would do to see a politician run on the promise to cut SS. We'd become a one party country overnight.

“Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.”

Dwight Eisenhower

Back