Brown/Black Belts of Sherdog - Favorite Sub chains/combos?

vcmmafan

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What are your go to submission chains/combos?

In all honesty it's RNC/Bow and Arrow->They will tap, there is no next move.

More towards what you looking for:

Kimura->Armbar->Sideways Triangle->Armbar/Wristlock/Americana pressure

Stepover Kimura->Armbar/Omoplata/Leglocks

Kimura grip->N/S Choke/Guillotine

Classic double attack from mount

Omoplata->Mounted Triangle/Toehold/Wristlock (I like these a lot, don't hit them a ton)

All of the Kimura/Armbar stuff leads to back takes too which is really what I'm best at. Not saying I don't hit other stuff occasionally, but that's really all I do as part of my real game unless we start counting leglocks, which are a lot more chain/flow oriented by nature.

I don't really use many submission chains. I'm much more interested in making the first one work, and it usually does. Probably the only pseudo-chains I use are threatening the cross collar from mount to expose the arm for an armbar, bow & arrow to armbar from the back, and...well, that's about it. I do hit chains from time to time, but those are probably the only two I consistently chain. In general if I have to go to a second sub it's because I've done the first one wrong. I don't want to catch people at the end of a chain so much as dominate them and take the submission in a way they can't hope to stop.

I only really use two submission chains consistently, and I like them because you can reverse through the chain pretty easily.

Armbar/sideways triangle/keylock

Omoplata/sweep to chest sit/monoplata/mounted triangle/far side armbar

I think sweep/submission chains are more important and effective anyway. Forcing someone to alternatively worry about their position and not tapping.

Armbar/triangle/omplata the classic of course, Kimura/armbar/backtake-back mount choke, from mount: collar choke/armbar/mounted triangle, kneebar/toehold/straight ankle. Transitioning to complimentary subs to maintain the offensive against counters and escapes increases submission rate imo.

Back