Brother kills sister

To all the people saying the kid would have murdered his sister without a gun - if the method and convenience is irrelevant, then why didn't he use a knife? I don't know how the house is laid out, or where they were playing, but lets say the kid went upstairs to get the gun, instead of the next room over to fetch a knife. If so, what do you have to say?

I'm pro gun, but lets not kid ourselves. The convenience of pulling a trigger makes firearms all too easy to use for the mentally/emotionally compromised.

What a tragedy.

tumblr_omb02vpM5Y1tr6ni8o1_500.gif

To all the people saying the kid would have murdered his sister without a gun - if the method and convenience is irrelevant, then why didn't he use a knife? I don't know how the house is laid out, or where they were playing, but lets say the kid went upstairs to get the gun, instead of the next room over to fetch a knife. If so, what do you have to say?

I'm pro gun, but lets not kid ourselves. The convenience of pulling a trigger makes firearms all too easy to use for the mentally/emotionally compromised.

What a tragedy.

It's almost like advancing weapons technology have made better weapons with time instead of making them worse.

The method in which the child was killed is definitely due to negligence on the parents' part. However, the urge to kill his sister over something so petty, that comes from something else. The little shit would probably would have bludgeoned or stabbed or whatever if a gun was not available.
At that age kids have no real idea of the consequences of these sorts of actions, not in any way that's internalized that they can apply to the real world, at any rate.

It's almost like advancing weapons technology have made better weapons with time instead of making them worse.
The upside? A more efficient way of killing people.

The downside? A more efficient way of killing people.

Oddly enough I haven't killed anything with a firearm in my life, and I'm a half decent shot for someone who just goes plinking.

What a tragedy.

Most bedrooms are on the second floor and the kitchen, where you would get a knife is downstairs. Id say the gun is more convenient

Most bedrooms are on the second floor and the kitchen, where you would get a knife is downstairs. Id say the gun is more convenient
The article didn't mention where they were playing, so I don't know how far he had to go. There was mention that the mom was in the kitchen so it makes sense he didn't want to go there to fetch a weapon. All in all a gun is more convenient even if the distance is further. Totally avoidable incident for responsible gun owners.

The article didn't mention where they were playing, so I don't know how far he had to go. There was mention that the mom was in the kitchen so it makes sense he didn't want to go there to fetch a weapon. All in all a gun is more convenient even if the distance is further. Totally avoidable incident for responsible gun owners.

I agree. I said earlier that the parents should be charged as accomplices for keeping a loaded handgun where a 9 year old boy could get it.

So your personal experiences make you qualified to make that judgement? Sounds reasonable.......

go-away.gif
I work in mental health. Now, I'm no doctor but that shouldn't disqualify me from diagnosing people. It's almost as if you think there are specific guidelines we must follow with this kind of thing.

Lots of tragic stories of kids stabbing each other. Kid could have stabbed her in the throat just as easily.

Shit parents should be held accountable to some degree. Manslaughter maybe?

So your personal experiences make you qualified to make that judgement? Sounds reasonable.......

go-away.gif
Um no, more like there's a difference between a three year old and a nine year old. If he honestly thought she'd just magically come back to life, then he's fucking retarded, on the spectrum, or mentally deranged from abuse.

Nine years old is more than old enough to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Every one of these incidents causes another dumb gun control discussion. Gun control isn't the issue, the issue is we're in the middle of a nationwide mental health crisis, which isn't being addressed at all.

Sane and well adjusted kids don't just murder their sibling for no reason.

At that age kids have no real idea of the consequences of these sorts of actions, not in any way that's internalized that they can apply to the real world, at any rate.

At nine? This is just untrue. A lot of you seem to forget how advanced you were by nine. At that age you've already been in school learning about logical concepts for half your life. And unless your parents are mouth breathing retards, which they may well have been in this case, they would have taught you about death by then.

Hell by the time I was nine mortal Kombat was in the news, being blamed for violent crime. I remember thinking do they really think grade school kids can't grasp the difference between video game violence and real life.

Nobody in my third grade class was trying to decapitate anyone, but everyone had played violent games and watched ultra violent movies by then. This situation is indicative of some sort of developmental disability or mental disorder.

Um no, more like there's a difference between a three year old and a nine year old. If he honestly thought she'd just magically come back to life, then he's fucking retarded, on the spectrum, or mentally deranged from abuse.

Nine years old is more than old enough to distinguish between fantasy and reality. Every one of these incidents causes another dumb gun control discussion. Gun control isn't the issue, the issue is we're in the middle of a nationwide mental health crisis, which isn't being addressed at all.

Sane and well adjusted kids don't just murder their sibling for no reason.

And the fact is that a gun was present. That is a fact.

Whether the 9 year old would have murdered with another instrument is an argument left to fools, for the facts of this case don't match that.

Can we stop this bullshit argument that this is a 9 year old Rambo that would have taken his sister out regardless of the gun being there?

At nine? This is just untrue. A lot of you seem to forget how advanced you were by nine. At that age you've already been in school learning about logical concepts for half your life. And unless your parents are mouth breathing retards, which they may well have been in this case, they would have taught you about death by then.

Hell by the time I was nine mortal Kombat was in the news, being blamed for violent crime. I remember thinking do they really think grade school kids can't grasp the difference between video game violence and real life.

Nobody in my third grade class was trying to decapitate anyone, but everyone had played violent games and watched ultra violent movies by then. This situation is indicative of some sort of developmental disability or mental disorder.

Agree completely. I remember very well how aware I was of the consequences of death when I was around that age, because of the news reports about the murder of Jamie Bulger.

I was the same age as the kids that murdered him, and remember discussing with school friends, teachers and my parents how abominable it was that kids my age could have done such a heinous crime.

And the fact is that a gun was present. That is a fact.

Whether the 9 year old would have murdered with another instrument is an argument left to fools, for the facts of this case don't match that.

Can we stop this bullshit argument that this is a 9 year old Rambo that would have taken his sister out regardless of the gun being there?

Why are we acting like the gun is the issue, and not a nine year old with murderous intent. THAT is what is abnormal here. If he beat her to death with a brick, would you ban bricks?

I fuckin hate the NRA, but they have a point that blaming guns does not get to the root issue. It's not like he shot her playing with a gun by accident, he murdered her.

Why are we acting like the gun is the issue, and not a nine year old with murderous intent. THAT is what is abnormal here. If he beat her to death with a brick, would you ban bricks?

I fuckin hate the NRA, but they have a point that blaming guns does not get to the root issue. It's not like he shot her playing with a gun by accident, he murdered her.

Answer this: If the gun wasn't there that fateful day, would that poor 13 year old girl be dead?

To be fair gun safety should be taught more. I think you should have to take a class to purchase a handgun.
You need a class/test to drive a car.

I took classes even though I’ve been shooting my whole life basically and made my daughter and wife take classes.
Hell,I have to make all my employees take a cert class just to shoot a low velocity powder actuated gun at work(basically a 22 that shoots pins/fasteners through steel/concrete).

As a responsible gun owner,it should be mandatory.

Agree completely. I remember very well how aware I was of the consequences of death when I was around that age, because of the news reports about the murder of Jamie Bulger.

I was the same age as the kids that murdered him, and remember discussing with school friends, teachers and my parents how abominable it was that kids my age could have done such a heinous crime.

By nine a lot of kids would have experienced a death in the family, or somewhere in their wider social circle. None of the kids I grew up around were as naive and innocent by that age.

Answer this: If the gun wasn't there that fateful day, would that poor 13 year old girl be dead?

We don't have the necessary information to answer that. Like I said if he accidentally shot her your argument would have more merit, although the blame would still fall on the idiot parents.

But it wasn't an accident from what we know, he meant to kill her. If there's no gun maybe he stabs her or bludgeons her to death. A lot of people are acting like there was no way that would have happened, but any way you slice it committing a murder as a nine year old is a sign of severe mental illness.

I think it's odd that you have people shooting each other, bombing each other, running down crowds in vehicles, and in each case people want to focus on the method instead of the motivation. That just doesn't make sense.

By nine a lot of kids would have experienced a death in the family, or somewhere in their wider social circle. None of the kids I grew up around were as naive and innocent by that age.

We don't have the necessary information to answer that. Like I said if he accidentally shot her your argument would have more merit, although the blame would still fall on the idiot parents.

But it wasn't an accident from what we know, he meant to kill her. If there's no gun maybe he stabs her or bludgeons her to death. A lot of people are acting like there was no way that would have happened, but any way you slice it committing a murder as a nine year old is a sign of severe mental illness.

I think it's odd that you have people shooting each other, bombing each other, running down crowds in vehicles, and in each case people want to focus on the method instead of the motivation. That just doesn't make sense.

Brother kills sister with gun.

@Mike .....Doesn't think we have the

the necessary information to answer that

Kid grabs a pistol and kills his sister......but we don't have the "necessary information".

The gun killed the girl. We have that information.

Back