Brother kills sister

I wholeheartedly agree with everything except this. I believe clear to everyone that these events are terrible and the method of committing them is significant.
I understand that, but remember the deadliest act of domestic terrorism ever in our nations history was the Oklahoma city bombing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

168 dead, 680 injured. All done with regular legal materials that it would be absurd to ban. If someone wants to commit harm badly enough, there are a myriad of ways to go about it. Many of them are much more effective than fireams. We've seen terrorist attacks using only vehicles mow down crowds at markets or festivals. What makes more sense, to argue endlessly over one of the many methods a person could commit murder, or address why so many people are so dangerously unstable to begin with?

Because it is literally impossible to just remove every single object that could cause harm.

I understand that, but remember the deadliest act of domestic terrorism ever in our nations history was the Oklahoma city bombing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_bombing

168 dead, 680 injured. All done with regular legal materials that it would be absurd to ban. If someone wants to commit harm badly enough, there are a myriad of ways to go about it. Many of them are much more effective than fireams. We've seen terrorist attacks using only vehicles mow down crowds at markets or festivals. What makes more sense, to argue endlessly over one of the many methods a person could commit murder, or address why so many people are so dangerously unstable to begin with?

Because it is literally impossible to just remove every single object that could cause harm.

This is absolutely true but is no reason to not try.

5151d6cd8684916dad14cbced48cee531321604123_full.gif

What I would ask is - does this actually happen with any regularity in developed countries? I don't think so. My personal experience is that none of these things have happened to me or anyone I know. I also don't agree to take lives for the purposes of a few material possession that I have insured - again, I stress, not that this is by any means a thing I even fear.

The point I want to make is that sure, there's that small chance you may be put in a position where your life is threatened and a gun would help, after which there is a small chance the gun will actually be of use (ie: you have time to draw it, it is already loaded, etc.). This is a tiny chance within a tiny chance.

Then there is all the other times that guns are not helpful and are in fact strictly dangerous.

The safety of the community goes down with every gun that is added to it. The gun is like a drug, you need it to defend yourself against another gun which creates only escalation, and once it is so entrenched in your culture it seems it can't be purged.

What I would grant you is that if you are legitimately in a region where you and your families lives are threatened with such regularity that a gun increases the safety then yes, have one. But from your location it says you are in the United States, not South Sudan. We are all lucky to be in places where our lives are not under this constant threat.

It's a hideous argument much like recalling faulty parts only if the estimated cost of being sued is greater than the cost of a recall. And to truly look at the data you'd have to have similar populations under US gun laws and then with northern European gun laws.

Mexico has fairly strict gun laws; do you think it's as safe there as Norway? Or is there a lot of intangibles?

Until we have the world figured out I'd rather 100lb Jose have the ability to try to defend himself.

Last edited:
IUntil we have the world figured out I'd rather 100lb Jose have the ability to try to defend himself.

Hey you're entitled to your opinion and you have the right to vote in a democracy. I'm glad we could share our opinions freely because in a lot of other places you can't.

So you do not know death?
Um well yeah... several family members have died, a couple friends. And nearly died from illness and injury several times myself. I've never seen someone die, but I've seen people severely beaten and that was enough for me

<Dylan>

Yes well drunk drivers kill people every day despite the fact that this behavior is illegal. I guess we should ban cars.

If you believe that 9 year old would not have killed his sister if a gun wasn't present, you're the one that needs to grow up.

What are sentences only spoken in America Alex.

Back