Brook vs Spence

Hahahahah I feel you. They should the breathalyzer for posting on the doge.

After one drunk posts too many times they get the breathalyzer, kinda like dubs, then you have to breath in to it for the "Post Reply" button to work.

Yo what was your final score on the brook spence fight? Reading through the thread I think we had very similar scores.
Theyd have to ban all the mods if this came to be.

Hahahahah I feel you. They should the breathalyzer for posting on the doge.

After one drunk posts too many times they get the breathalyzer, kinda like dubs, then you have to breath in to it for the "Post Reply" button to work.

Yo what was your final score on the brook spence fight? Reading through the thread I think we had very similar scores.

lol, not a bad idea.

I had it wide. 98-91 Spence, I think. I probably gave him the benefit in a couple of early rounds because I thought the body work he was doing was more significant that Brook's work.

You rollin like THAT?

tenor.gif

lol, not a bad idea.

I had it wide. 98-91 Spence, I think. I probably gave him the benefit in a couple of early rounds because I thought the body work he was doing was more significant that Brook's work.
I missed the fight live and missed the showtime replay so I found a horrific video that was pretty clear but the camera seemed like it was zoomed in way too much. For example;
If a fighter threw anything more than a 3 punch combo, by the end of the combo the defensive fighter backing up would be out of the picture.

I scored it 99-90, I gave brook the second round, and felt like he could have won the 5th but I scored it for Easy Speezy. I remember writing down that brook landed the sharper and cleaner punches in a few rounds, however I felt his 4 or 5 clean punches weren't enough to negate the absolute hammers that were thrown to the bread basket.

By like round 6 every time brook would go to hold on and clinch up it looked like how a dude gives one of those uncomfortable hugs to a chick he doesn't like where the shoulders are touching but you leave waist and midsection like 3 to 5 feet back just to be sure there is no accidental touching.
Hahahah

(Tried to find some pictures to illustrate this but couldn't find it. I'll have to get some screen grabs or something)

Reading through the thread after the fight I couldn't see how people had brook ahead, but like I said I had a shitty broadcast so I'll have to give another watch on a better video.

I had to watch the Russian replay on youtube...It helped me actually WATCH what was going on...LOL..Brook took the first two, then about 3 swing rounds, another Brook round, then things changed and Spence stepped it up like he noticed something.

I missed the fight live and missed the showtime replay so I found a horrific video that was pretty clear but the camera seemed like it was zoomed in way too much. For example;
If a fighter threw anything more than a 3 punch combo, by the end of the combo the defensive fighter backing up would be out of the picture.

I scored it 99-90, I gave brook the second round, and felt like he could have won the 5th but I scored it for Easy Speezy. I remember writing down that brook landed the sharper and cleaner punches in a few rounds, however I felt his 4 or 5 clean punches weren't enough to negate the absolute hammers that were thrown to the bread basket.

By like round 6 every time brook would go to hold on and clinch up it looked like how a dude gives one of those uncomfortable hugs to a chick he doesn't like where the shoulders are touching but you leave waist and midsection like 3 to 5 feet back just to be sure there is no accidental touching.
Hahahah

(Tried to find some pictures to illustrate this but couldn't find it. I'll have to get some screen grabs or something)

Reading through the thread after the fight I couldn't see how people had brook ahead, but like I said I had a shitty broadcast so I'll have to give another watch on a better video.

lol, I love the description of the clinching.

I can see how people would have it closer than I did (if they didn't place as much value on Spence's body work as I did), but some of the very close scores (there was even the odd person who had Brook up around round 10) were hard for me to understand. The British commentary, which for some baffling reason included Carl Froch, was downright terrible, so that could have played into people downplaying Spence's work.

lol, I love the description of the clinching.

I can see how people would have it closer than I did (if they didn't place as much value on Spence's body work as I did), but some of the very close scores (there was even the odd person who had Brook up around round 10) were hard for me to understand. The British commentary, which for some baffling reason included Carl Froch, was downright terrible, so that could have played into people downplaying Spence's work.
I prefer to catch the showtime broadcast but I don't mind the sky sports version either, but froch?
Seems silly to not place value on the most damaging attack of the entire fight.

I feel it's pretty clear the body work was the difference in this fight.

Next time I lose a load of cash I'll post it as well

Sunfish the last time I made a big bet was a few years ago...a rugby game for an undefeated team in the league vs a team that lost every single game.

For better odds I put 3k on the favorite to be winning by the end of the first half. Figured it was a simple bet.

The underdogs ended up winning the first half by 2 points...the favorite team ended up winning by like 30 points in the second half lol.

Since then I bet small lol.

He was a tough fighter. E will say he's the hardest guy he's ever faced. have a ton of respect for Brook.

Btw, Danny's new deal <NFLDez1>

I appreciate the info on Brook. We legit used it

That's awesome, I did feel a bit shitty on Brook but it is what it is. Anything in particular you guys looked at from what I said? Great to know that it ws put to use.

Brook's a top guy, I had a feeling he knew he was in trouble going into this. I've never seen him big an opponents skill so much, he even said a few times that he expected to get hurt and go down at some point.

Let me know as soon as we hear anything on who Danny is fighting and I'll get to work breaking that shit down.

Back