#BronerVargas was the best boxing event so far this year

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All 3 fights were brutal, with the first Gervonta and Charlo having brutal finished and Broner finally in an exciting fight since Maidana.
The best of all? It finished before 11pm EST

Few thoughts
- Full camp (cardio) Jessie Vargas wouldve beaten Broner, but they are not in the same weight class

- Keef wouldve #murked da fuck out of Jessie Vargas

- Broner wouldve #murked Omar Figueroa

Omar eats Broner alive

And yes! It was amazing to see three nice fights end before 11pm, huge how much that made a difference.

Tremendeous boxing night overall
Off topic: many heavyweight fights last night in europe... I'm suggesting you guys watch Adamek vs Abell...

I can't believe I'm even typing this shit but Lara/Hurd was the best fight this year. Way more meaningful fight with a lot more back and fourth action and a 12th round knockdown that was needed to get the win. It was brutal and parts of it were a boxing clinic and it stacked two legit belts for the winner.

Broner/Vargas was one-sided for half the fight and almost one-sided for the other half plus it wasn't for a real belt or an eliminator or at a real weight class(gtfo out with that 144 pound bullshit) and it didn't have a clear outcome either. No one was seriously hurt and no one actually won the fight. Mediocre defense against mediocre conditioning. Entertaining for sure but Lara/Hurd was more entertaining and actually mattered.

Again what the fuck is with that 144 pounds?

Is Bronerweight the new Caneloweight?

Last edited:
Tremendeous boxing night overall
Off topic: many heavyweight fights last night in europe... I'm suggesting you guys watch Adamek vs Abell...

Wow, didnt even know Adamek was fight still???? Gonna watch it now. Any other good fights from Europe last night I may have missed? I saw the Khan and Frampton fights.

Wow, didnt even know Adamek was fight still???? Gonna watch it now. Any other good fights from Europe last night I may have missed? I saw the Khan and Frampton fights.

Adamek vs Abell was definitely best fight of the night. Agit Kabayel got a KO win against un unknown guy and there were two german prospects Schwarz and Gashi going at it in a dirty crazy fight that ended with a disqualification due to headbutts. Kalenga quit after 6 rounds against the polish cruiserweight Masternak.

Glad Davis and Charlo added some dominant stoppages to their resumes, as they were supposed to. These Charlos, man... they don't come to go no distance. Love it.

Charlo is running threw GGG and Canelo, GGG is to old and almost done or the fight would be epic and close and Canelo just docent belong at 160 hes suted for 155 and 160 these guys are just to strong and Canelo docent have the boxing skills like Floyd to out smart and counter punch the bigger fighters at 160.

The knew king at 160 will be Charlo and his brother will beaty Hurd.

All 3 fights were brutal, with the first Gervonta and Charlo having brutal finished and Broner finally in an exciting fight since Maidana.
The best of all? It finished before 11pm EST

Few thoughts
- Full camp (cardio) Jessie Vargas wouldve beaten Broner, but they are not in the same weight class

- Keef wouldve #murked da fuck out of Jessie Vargas

- Broner wouldve #murked Omar Figueroa
Aren’t they in the same weight class though? Haven’t they both been fighting at Welter for a long time.

It was nice to see Tank have a performance like that. I was super high on him and was expecting him to become a big name fighting in the co main for mgrwgor vs Mayweather. He completely shit the bed that night.
This performance reminded me of why I like him so much. He is so fun to watch. He doesn’t quite get credit for his skills. His punch selection is very very good. Anyone who is a southpaw that trains any kind of striking sport should immediately go watch and learn from Tank (and Lomanchenko). As a lefty he is very good with his right hand power shots. Those hooks and uppercuts from that front hand are brutal.

Great night of fights!!

Lara vs Hurd is still the best fight of the year imo.

I remember a lot of people killing PBC not long time ago. But them with Showtime are second to none.

April 28th fox show is not the best by any means but may 19th with Stevenson vs Jack and Russell split double header looks good

Schwarz and Gashi going at it in a dirty crazy fight that ended with a disqualification due to headbutts.

..they kept on brawling after the fight was waved off...basicly only getting stopped by the security.

Marco Huck's statement was:
"Well, this ain't Tennis...this is Boxing!"
lol

Back