Broner vs Granados peaked at 779k viewers

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Broner not the draw he once was. He was getting over a million on Show time before PBC. He still draws big on regular Cable

Broner not the draw he once was. He was getting over a million on Show time before PBC. He still draws big on regular Cable

I knew that Disney movie premiere was going effect ratings

Good numbers since he was going up against all star weekend

It was a pretty good fight though. Granados did much better than I thought.

Broner not the draw he once was.

Not sure how he should be marketed at this point. It's tough to sell him as an elite fighter with his losses and it's tough to sell him as an exciting fighter with the way his cautious, counterpunching style has looked in some fights. That being said, I'm still interested in seeing him matched up against a lot of guys near his weight.

HE will sell 500k ppvs if he decide to fight Manny.

Not sure how he should be marketed at this point. It's tough to sell him as an elite fighter with his losses and it's tough to sell him as an exciting fighter with the way his cautious, counterpunching style has looked in some fights. That being said, I'm still interested in seeing him matched up against a lot of guys near his weight.
Its even harder to sell him as a good and humble guy

That's about what everyone expected

Broner pre-PBC
Broner vs Paulie - 1.3 million
Broner vs Maidana - 1.3 million
Broner vs Taylor - 1 million
Broner vs Rees - 1.4 million
Broner vs DeMarco - 1.05 million
Broner vs Escovedo - 1.5 million

Broner post-PBC
Broner vs Allakverdiev - 506,000
Broner vs Granados - 779,000

Broner has never hit under 1 million viewers on premium cable until he started fighting on PBC.

In a lot of ways, it feels like PBC gave Broner the wrong type of exposure. Especially his 2 shitty fights on NBC where he did practically nothing.

Broner pre-PBC
Broner vs Paulie - 1.3 million
Broner vs Maidana - 1.3 million
Broner vs Taylor - 1 million
Broner vs Rees - 1.4 million
Broner vs DeMarco - 1.05 million
Broner vs Escovedo - 1.5 million

Broner post-PBC
Broner vs Allakverdiev - 506,000
Broner vs Granados - 779,000

Broner has never hit under 1 million viewers on premium cable until he started fighting on PBC.

In a lot of ways, it feels like PBC gave Broner the wrong type of exposure. Especially his 2 shitty fights on NBC where he did practically nothing.
Showtime viewership has dropped in general for all fights.
Trust me if he fights a notable name on NBC, ppls will watch

I wonder if that Jed I. guy forces his colleagues to call him by his full name, and if they all think he's a big idiot.

http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-granados-fight-peaked-859000-viewers-on-showtime--113866

Broner-Granados Fight Peaked at 859,000 Viewers on Showtime - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/broner-g...wers-on-showtime--113866#sthash.S7r5J4SY.dpuf

That's showtime subscription only! It was a free weekend preview so with those guys is well over a million!
Nielsen doesn't track non subscribers so we won't be able to report on those numbers but it was for sure over 1m viewers

Back