Broken fighter's before the fight mentally.

No it is not.

War like fighting is as much as physiological as about ability. If you've even been in a fight or war you would know this.

How do you think the Vietcong with AK47's and rice strapped to their bodies defeated a superpower?
That’s completely different. You’re talking about groups of people and politics.
US withdrew due to public pressure/disapproval and economic factors. The war itself could have been won easily if not for the massive protests at home.
Too lazy to look up facts now, but iirc the US suffered 50,000 casualties, whereas the VC/NVA suffered over 800,000.

Tate wasn't defeated before the fight with nunes.

Don't ever say anything bad about Tate again, please.

Every opponents that gets lippy to Cerrone.

Aldo wasnt broken he got knocked out by a clean counter. Ever see any of conors opponents get knocked out before? Much as i hate the guy hes pretty good at it.

Broken would be if aldo didnt come out and try. He opened conors face with one punch

Aldo was the opposite of "shook".

He had zero respect for Conor's skills and came out reckless...and he paid the price.
<TrumpWrong1>

Aldo was dominant for a long time and mostly everyone was fearful of him before fighting him and respected his skills.
Conor on the other hand had no respect for Aldo's skill and treated Aldo like someone he was going to run through.
Aldo's ego couldn't handle that and it made him question his ability to beat Conor.
Aldo's insecurities were never really seen until he was faced with someone who stood up to him.
Aldo is not the most confident person if he isn't physically and mentally dominating everyone.

And lol at the "He was just reckless" excuse still being used.
No, he threw the same damn combo in the same way he always throws it.

Only instead of being fearful of Aldo and giving him too much respect like everyone else always did, Conor stayed in the pocket and blasted him.

Even taking a punch to do so.

Conor's confidence level breaks people.

<TrumpWrong1>

Aldo was dominant for a long time and mostly everyone was fearful of him before fighting him and respected his skills.
Conor on the other hand had no respect for Aldo's skill and treated Aldo like someone he was going to run through.
Aldo's ego couldn't handle that and it made him question his ability to beat Conor.
Aldo's insecurities were never really seen until he was faced with someone who stood up to him.
Aldo is not the most confident person if he isn't physically and mentally dominating everyone.

And lol at the "He was just reckless" excuse still being used.
No, he threw the same damn combo in the same way he always throws it.

Only instead of being fearful of Aldo and giving him too much respect like everyone else always did, Conor stayed in the pocket and blasted him.

Even taking a punch to do so.

Conor's confidence level breaks people.

This. Thank u.

I have a feeling TJ might be "shook" from Garbrandt.

Start of the season TJ was laughing in Cody's face and antagonising him but by the end of the season looked a broken man looking for Dwayne or Elliot Marshall to stand between he and Cody.

Ryan Bader v Rumble is the worst I've ever seen.
Bader was clearly terrified and it seemed he had to take that fight or never get a Title shot ever in the UFC

No it is not.

War like fighting is as much as physiological as about ability. If you've even been in a fight or war you would know this.

How do you think the Vietcong with AK47's and rice strapped to their bodies defeated a superpower?
Well, the biggest factors were strategy and tactics linked by their superior knowledge of the terrain.

And the pressure of public opinion from back home.

So no, almost nothing to do with the some mythical "mentality".

Rousey vs Nunes

Aldo vs McGregor

Tate vs Nunes

Thoughts? Add ons?

Aldo definitely wasn't broke before the Conor fight, he was emotional though. Being broke is when you accept the loss and think "I'm probably going to get my ass kicked" like Forrest against Silva.

Aldo came out hard as fuck and wanted to put his hands on Conor ASAP though.

By far the best example of this was Anderson/Franklin. Both fights, Rich was mentally fucked and you could see it during his walk out.

Well, the biggest factors were strategy and tactics linked by their superior knowledge of the terrain.

And the pressure of public opinion from back home.

So no, almost nothing to do with the some mythical "mentality".

It takes a lot of mental strength to keep fighting after being killed at a ratio of 10-1 and having your villages and farms destroyed.

A lot of guys were shook before facing Silva. I mean it had to be going through there head that this is going to end in me highlight reeled ko'ed after getting toyed with.

No it is not.

That physiological warfare

As much as I am a fan of Belfort he just doesn't look right anymore maybe he has the same shit going on like Karo Parisyan but he looks nervous.

It's a moronic point of view to dismiss the psychological aspect of fighting. These guys are human and every human has doubts, regardless of how much of a professional they are. Fighters like Conor are especially good at exploiting these doubts and turning them to their advantage. There is a reason why Ali, Tyson, Michael Jordan, Anderson, and many other greats played mind games - because they were good at it and it works.

Back