Broken Arm, how to stay in shape?

That sucks, but try to look at this as an opportunity. If I were in your position, I would treat this as an ideal time to get my squat into beastly territory. I'd invest in a safety squat bar like this, or even cheaper, a safety squat attachment like this and I'd work the crap out of my squat three times a week. I know it would cost a bit of money, but I think the safety bar would allow you to squat even w/ a broken arm. Just my $.02.

Unless, of course, you already have access to a safety squat bar...

P.S. Do you know Dwight Schrute?

i can goto the gym 6 times a week if i want now since no martial arts for a few months... if u have a suggested routine that would be great

deadlyshaolin said:
Let us know what Ross suggests.

Ross suggests I listen to the dr and my body especially early on. He said he had broken his arm and hand a few times and tried to get back into things too quickly. He said after surgery rest it a few weeks and see what you are able to do.

A problem we both noticed with running is that you will feel vibrations with each stride, if it ends up hurting i wont be able to run until it heals a bit more and there isnt any pain present. Ross also suggested trying different things but only after there isnt any pain present.

Bottom line was to not be stupid and just rest it until it doesnt hurt then work on sprints and other one arm exercises. Then maybe in a month or so start slow with some pushups, etc.

This is going to be one ugly 3 months.

My surgery is in 4 hours wish me luck.. :icon_cry2

Honra said:
My surgery is in 4 hours wish me luck.. :icon_cry2

Good luck, Dude!

Listen to Ross. He really knows his shit. It's hard sitting the bench but sometimes we have no choice. Injuries are a part of this sport (any sport really). Just make the best out of it and keep forging on.

And here I was recommending Zercher squats when your arm couldn't even handle the vibrations from running...

STUPID DEADLY, STUPID STUPID!!!

Best of luck for your recovery.

Home from surgery and its hurting like a bitch. Have to go back in a week to check progress, ill see how long he reccomends i rest until i start jogging and light lifting again. Man never thought id end up with metal in my arm..

Cant sleep too much pain and my thumb is numb.... this is an eye opening experience.

Honra said:
A problem we both noticed with running is that you will feel vibrations with each stride, if it ends up hurting i wont be able to run until it heals a bit more and there isnt any pain present. Ross also suggested trying different things but only after there isnt any pain present.

elliptical?

Back