Brock vs Lennox Lewis almost happened! Details:

Vinnie Mac Jr. was the one that sold Ali on facing Inoki. Painted a picture that there would be a screw job ending that Ali was intrigued by that sold him on the bout. When Ali showed up to Japan with his entourage, he asked when the rehearsal was and the New Japan Pro Wrestling officials looked at him like they didn't know what he was talking about and everyone pulled guns on each other, lol.

Vince Sr. didn't want Vince Jr. to go to Japan and told him to stay away from those people (Yakuza).

umm, what? Brock is a pussy? The guy that dived head first in MMA and only wanted to fight the best from the very beginning? The guy that didnt fuck around and defended his title against Cain in stead of demanding an easier fight? The guy that took on a prime Ubereem after coming back from a very serious illness?

Brock may not like getting punched in the face too much, but he showed more heart in the Carwin fight alone than you ever have or ever will in your entire life combined.
I said "with all due respect."

That means you can't take offence, it's in the Geneva convention.

I don't know man, Lenny is pretty chinny. I want to see 1 of Brocks lunchbox sized hands land on Lennys chin and lets see if he doesn't go to sleep.

Lennox also hits a lot harder than anybody Brock has ever faced, if he thought fighting Shane Carwin was scary, imagine going up against one of the best boxers of all time.

Minority?
who's that white guy he's fighting...oh sorry..."brown pride" cain, i didnt see him there for a second

Ubereem. But I understand that all minorities look the same to you.

I don't know man, Lenny is pretty chinny. I want to see 1 of Brocks lunchbox sized hands land on Lennys chin and lets see if he doesn't go to sleep.
Chinny?, he got knock out only once I believe... But Brock would not have stand with him. Easy takedown and ground and pound.

I'm too busy to read whole articles.

And I hate Bork.
anything with grappling and brock wins easily... its a lot easier to grab someone then land a KO punch, brock with double underhooks on any boxer without an extensive background in grappling and it might as well be a KO punch

I wish shit like this happened more often.

I heavily favor Brock- even with no shooting on legs. It wouldn't take much to put them in some sort of clinch. Brock's wrestling is good enough to exploit a novice by attacking only his torso, head, and arms.

Really? Lennox has brutal punching power with boxing gloves. 4 oz and one hit would send Lesnar across the ring. Dont underestimate clinch ability of some boxers but with Lennox I do not see Brock even getting in the clinch. Lennox had very good foot work, was light on his feet and could fight long with power. His Jab alone would have been enough to demolish Lesnar and somewere an uppercut would have landed.

Its maybe annother thing with someone like Cain who can take a punch but Lesnar was always too gunshy.

Really? Lennox has brutal punching power with boxing gloves. 4 oz and one hit would send Lesnar across the ring. Dont underestimate clinch ability of some boxers but with Lennox I do not see Brock even getting in the clinch. Lennox had very good foot work, was light on his feet and could fight long with power. His Jab alone would have been enough to demolish Lesnar and somewere an uppercut would have landed.

Its maybe annother thing with someone like Cain who can take a punch but Lesnar was always too gunshy.
Yes, really.

I don't have much faith in Brock being able to take a punch, but I have even less faith in Lennox's ability to avoid the clinch- and even less faith that he would be able to handle Brock in the clinch.

It always looks like this, these discussions. It's either a logical breakdown of the skills by an mma fan or a boxing fan hanging on a 30 second knockout. I think I'm right here....

Yes, really.

I don't have much faith in Brock being able to take a punch, but I have even less faith in Lennox's ability to avoid the clinch- and even less faith that he would be able to handle Brock in the clinch.

It always looks like this, these discussions. It's either a logical breakdown of the skills by an mma fan or a boxing fan hanging on a 30 second knockout. I think I'm right here....

There is a reason why Lennox refused to fight if Brock could take him down from below the waist.
Because he knew it would mean he would likely lose.

Brock wins easily. Would not be competitive at all. He would arm triangle choke Lewis easily after a easy takedown. Lewis is old and slow these days I don't know how much he could learn for TDD.
It was 15 years ago, I doubt Brock even knew what an arm triangle was let alone how to pull one off.

There is a reason why Lennox refused to fight if Brock could take him down from below the waist.
Because he knew it would mean he would likely lose.
Absolutely.

Lennox is a big strong guy, so of course, it's possible. But he knew better. I remember seeing a video of Lennox sparring someone with some judo/martial arts skills (Jeremy Williams?), and things got a bit rough/heated and Lennox was tossed on his ass a few times, effortlessly. Boxers clinch up anyway maybe once every .7 seconds. It just isn't a very good scenario for a boxer, imo.

i found these paragraphs thought provoking.

Second, unlike in all previous discussions, where boxer vs. wrestler contests would have some form of mixed rules, this fight was always under Mayweather's rules from the start. Ultimately, it's an admission that Mayweather is not just bigger than McGregor, but bigger than the entire UFC company and the sport of mixed martial arts, even though his is the sport fading in popularity while McGregor’s is the one growing. The rules in place tell you who is calling the shots here and, no matter what others will say publicly, who is the real star.

Sure, any combat sports fan knows the result of this fight is actually almost as predetermined as a Bruce Lee movie fight scene. But to the average person on the street, the sports fan who may still think UFC fighters are unskilled street fighters who get into a cage with no rules because they weren't good enough to be civilized and refined boxers, and for a generation of UFC fans who are sure they know better, the UFC and McGregor are selling out their entire narrative in a potentially humiliating fashion for one, admittedly gigantic, payday.

The other fascinating aspect is that in another generation, such a loss would be humiliating to the UFC and McGregor. But today, when fight fans care far more about personalities and less about wins, losses and championships, who is to say that McGregor's mouth won’t save his drawing power after a likely public humiliation?​

"Lewis later claimed there were never even talks for such a fight."

That's the one sentence to pay attention to.

Back