Brock shouldn’t be considered a freak show fighter

gotBooched

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
With the exception of the Mir / Lesnar II build up and the embarrassment that was the post fight interview, Brock was very straight up and often times quiet.

He earned his way to his title shot, defended, ducked no one and even fought dudes that he knew were gonna kick his ass (Reem)

He was a big paycheck and an enormous draw. I despised his presence when he was active but in hindsight he didn’t teabag the UFC and their fans the way their flavor-of-the-month does now. He was always down to fight, was quite active when he wasn’t injured and really did well considering the amount of time he formally trained.

When Cain was coming for his belt he didn’t stop fighting for two years which is really cool when you think about it

Cliffs:

Disliked Brock during his run. Appreciate him now that I’ve seen the McGregor and Ronda shit shows.

Agree with most of what you said except the 'earned his way to a title shot.' But at HW you don't have a whole lot of choice to begin with..

CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?

CAN YOU SEE ME NOW?

He's a freakshow because someone his size shouldn't be able to move like he moves. It's a different sort of freakshow than a "Dada 5000 vs. Kimbo" match.

Not all freakshows are created equally.

2-1with wins over bottom ranked guys is an earned title shot? No he was gifted that because of his freakshow draw.
Love or hate Ronda she was an active champion who fought her way up and defeated alot of contenders before her fall.

Freakshow: Noun. 1. sideshow at a fair, featuring abnormally developed people or animals.

Fits the bill. All of his accomplishments have an *, just like Jon Jones and Anderson Silva. Chumps.

Brock vs undertaker.... They have a score to settle. Make it happen Dana

no way in hell did he earn a title shot.

Earned His title shot ?

Really ?

(P.s I like Brock and I think he is way Underrated)

welcome to adulthood buddy, most people on sherdog never make it.

1-1 in the UFC with a win vs borderline top 10 is enough ?

Alrighty then. ...
Still more qualified than Conor's instant title shot at 155, or Edgar's at 145, or Chael's at 205. You see where I'm going with this.

GSP was champion for years; it's not at all the same thing.
its the exact same shit, just because you don't like it doesnt mean its not accurate.
he was out of the sport for 4 years and never fought in the mw divison. its the same level of stupid. if anything it's more absurd because of the unwillingness gsp always had in fighting at mw. at least brock was game.

2-1with wins over bottom ranked guys is an earned title shot? No he was gifted that because of his freakshow draw.
Love or hate Ronda she was an active champion who fought her way up and defeated alot of contenders before her fall.

I don't think winning justified the shot either, honestly by that stage Randy was a bit of a sitting duck, a bit of an upset champ anyway but 18 months out at that age I think did for him as an elite fighter. Werdum, Nog or Mir who deserved the shot more would all have beaten him IMHO.

The HW division is always thin for talent. Someone who understands the sport could probable watch 15 minutes of sparring of each fighter and know who is in the top 5. There aren't many good big guys.

He got the title shot because of the draw and he was just that good. At hw, he in my opinion would beat any version of hw couture. Mir was never as good aa Brock. Whether he deserved it or not is a moot point because he delivered.

Back