Brock Lesnar is going to walk into the title fight with the WWE belt (serious)

It's great tv. I chuckled out of nostalgic thoughts.

On a side note. Even pro wrestling understands that defending a title is important.

Actually just the opposite
That is the whole storyline
Brock never defends & they are using it to get Brock boo'd on the way out so when he loses, the crowd will be happy

Only TS thinks he is winning his last match & holding on to the belt for 6 months lol

And fans everywhere were starkly reminded that the UFC is, after all, in the entertainment business...

Just throwing it out there that Dan Severn walked out to the octagon wearing the NWA title belt.

Because PAY PER VIEW BUYS. This stunt will massively increase the hype behind the pay per view and even convert some WWE fans. You don't need to be Warren Buffett to understand this.

UFC, WWE youtube views will skyrocket. The more talk there is, the bigger event this is. It's a huge fucking snowball marketing scheme.

Brock is already a proven draw...it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that saying he will bring his pro wrestling belt to the cage will increase PPV buys.

at some point, even in the WME debt era, I would hope some line of integrity and sanity will be drawn. it would be stooping to a new low to allow this sort of nonsense.

I hope we see DC go to WWE to promote their fight & they sign some agreement where DC does alot of WWE shows, copromotion between the UFC & WWE would be amazing for both companies.

The shark has truly been jumped

Brock+lesnar+vs+shark_03a266_5443378.gif

I hope we see DC go to WWE to promote their fight & they sign some agreement where DC does alot of WWE shows, copromotion between the UFC & WWE would be amazing for both companies.

I doubt it
Brock is gone end of August

Brock is already a proven draw...it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that saying he will bring his pro wrestling belt to the cage will increase PPV buys.

at some point, even in the WME debt era, I would hope some line of integrity and sanity will be drawn. it would be stooping to a new low to allow this sort of nonsense.

Of course Brock is a proven draw. So is Conor, but he always finds new way to ham it up even more. Your think WME gives a damn. They are here to make money. If they cared about legitimacy at this point, Brock would not be getting an automatic title shot.

He's not going to drop it. It's all part of Vince's plan. He's taking the chance that Brock will win the UFC title and is going to bring it back to Raw. It's a huge gamble and is why Brock still has not lost the belt.
I think Brock being the UFC champ going in to challenge for the WWE belt to become a 2 sport champion would sell more than Brock just becoming a double champ then defending his WWE title. I'm assuming, of course, that Brock isn't going to defend his UFC belt.

UFC has a history of these superfight champions not wanting to seriously defend their new belts. Conor, GSP, Cormier (not wanting serious fights now, it seems).. They're making short term profits but their killing these divisions. How much is MW selling now?

What's HW going to look like for the next 3-4 years if Brock wins and then just retires from MMA?

That's nothing. If he wins and walks on Raw with the UFC belt the Monday after?

Dana will be forever Vince's bitch

Actually just the opposite
That is the whole storyline
Brock never defends & they are using it to get Brock boo'd on the way out so when he loses, the crowd will be happy

Only TS thinks he is winning his last match & holding on to the belt for 6 months lol
Call me crazy but I want to believe that the UFC and the WWE are going to try and at least work together in the short run. The cross promotion for a 6 months build up would $$$ for both companies. Vince supposedly is hemorrhaging money for his football league.

I'd think Brock wins at SS and the WWE builds his fight into their storyline. It's good promotion.

And imagine if he wins? Another year of cross promotion? Brock defends WWE title 2 more times then defends the UFC title?

Brock Lesnar unifying the WWE Universal championship and the UFC Heavyweight championship would be a GOAT moment

Setting up some sort of cross over event. DC going into Wrestlemania. Undertaker comes out of retirement to compete at HW. The Rock pauses filming Fast and Furious 48 to compete at UFC 300 against Brock for the HW title. The credibility of the sport would hit an all time low but the money would be ridiculous.

It's great tv. I chuckled out of nostalgic thoughts.

On a side note. Even pro wrestling understands that defending a title is important.
Brock is like the Conor of WWE, people shit him for not defending

On WWE Raw, Paul Heyman, who is Brock Lesnar's advocate, says that Brock will go into the UFC title fight with the WWE belt on his shoulder.

This is fucking great TV seriously. Great for the UFC too. It's great marketing for the WWE.

A mod mistakenly moved my thread to wasteland when I suggested this fight be title for title. There is honestly a decent enough chance that could happen. Think about it.
  • The UFC title is already on the line.
  • The WWE can put their belt on the line in anyway they choose since it is a fake belt.
  • DC is probably going to win.
  • This is going to be DC's last fight.

DC can beat Brock, be immediately crowned the WWE Univseral champion, and transition straight to the WWE as the first ever TRIPLE champ in MMA history.

Back