Broccoli vs Spinach

G

Gavin LeFever

In a vegetable death match based on nutritional value, who would win?

I have come to despise spinach lately, but I can mow down bag after bag of broccoli.

How do you come to despise spinach? Did popeye rape you?

I'm the opposite way. Not a huge fan of broccoli, but i eat fresh baby spinach like crazy.

I eat tons of both. I think brocolli is a bit more versatile kitchen wise though.

I eat tons of both. I think brocolli is a bit more versatile kitchen wise though.

+1...I agree with this and I do love to eat both. I eat more spinach than broccoli though.

I don't have access to fresh spinach all year round.

I'm a broccoli man... hard to find good spinach round my parts...

I think spinach is one of the better green leafy vegges. I always thought broccoli was the be-all end-all, but I realized it's only because my Mom made me eat it because it was good. I think it was just because it was cheap at the time.

So far as versatility, spinach can be chopped small and thrown in any cooked dish at the very very end of cooking. You probably won't taste it, unlike broccoli which has more of a noticable texture and flavour - for better or worse depending on what you're eating.

Spinach rocks in shakes...I've never tried broccoli in a shake, but I doubt it would blend as nicely.

Apples 'n oranges, innit. Or more accurately, spinach and broccoli. Spinach I can't stand cooked, and can you even eat broccoli raw? Say it ain't so.

Spinach rocks in shakes...I've never tried broccoli in a shake, but I doubt it would blend as nicely.

I seem to remember a shake recipe (maybe Berardi) that involved brocolli blended w/ apples soyou get your greends and the apples counter the bitterness of the brocolli.

Apples 'n oranges, innit. Or more accurately, spinach and broccoli. Spinach I can't stand cooked, and can you even eat broccoli raw? Say it ain't so.

Brocolli is awesome raw. I'm eating it raw twice a day right now.

Really? Trouble with vegetables eh?

I thought that grown men posted here mostly.

Just eat the frikkin shit already

In a vegetable death match based on nutritional value, who would win?

I have come to despise spinach lately, but I can mow down bag after bag of broccoli.

Why not just mix it in with shakes? I do that with every shake I have and I can't even taste the spinach. I tried that with broccoli once..it tastes horrible.

How do you come to despise spinach? Did popeye rape you?

i buy my spinach fresh in 5 lbs bags and have to eat it before it turns bad.

my frozen broccoli will keep for months.

Back