Brittish priest being deported after living legally in US for 14 years: for voting in 2006

I feel bad for the guy, as much as I feel bad for everyone else that gets deported. it sucks, I'm sure.
It is what it is........ good luck to you.

I deal with people every single day that are honest and they fuck themselves over and i wish I could help get the money they need..
On the flip side, I deal with people who lie to me and I know they're lying.... and there's nothing I can do..and they get their money... life's funny sometimes

Voter ID seems like a minimal precaution. Who would argue against that?
Dems and libs argue that it's "racist." Yet they turn around and think people should have a specific ID to buy a gun. :confused:

He hasn't been a citizen for over a decade. He isn't a citizen now from what I'm reading.

If his story is true as he told it, and he only voted once and then never again once he learned it was wrong, then I feel sorta bad for the guy. He was entrapped in one sense. But why wouldn't he use Netscape or whatever we used in 2005 to confirm whether he was allowed to vote? Common sense should have let him know he wasn't allowed.

And if his ID was British as he claims, why didn't they catch the mistake at the polls?
As if a crooked state like Illinois actually checks IDs for voting.

<{MingNope}>

getting an ID is not only as far from Racist policy as humanly possible, it begs the question: who doesn't have ID in the first place?

the poor, right?

well, do they NOT receive welfare benefits? smoke or drink (b/c lets be real, who smokes?) have an apartment or rent a house? obtained a job like ever? a bank account? how'd they get a cell phone, even an Obama one? set up utilities? use credit card or credit on a debit card? WIC? TANF? Medicare? etc etc etc etc

You literally CANNOT function in our society as an adult w/o a Government ID. Period.

I've also heard/seen similar, but I don't understand the argument. It literally makes no sense to me so I am hoping that maybe I am missing something? I would prefer all votes can be counted and verified attached to the individual voter. Seems like it would solve or help solve a significant amount of problems.

Why would voter identification for each vote, each person, be a negative thing? What are we scared of here?

The argument is Democrats KNOW that their base is much less likely to go through the hassle of getting a voter ID than Republicans.

Can someone explain to me how you can vote without a right to vote?

Coming from a country that is 1/2 as rich (per capita) as the United States where ID is mandatory and everybody has it, it is absolutely laughable that it is even a topic of debate in the US.

Seriously the number 1 super power with no voter IDs...

hKmy3_.gif

The argument has always been that the amount is insubstantial. A statement that has been shared by some Republicans.
The argument is we don't know how many illegals voted and there's an easy, foolproof way to determine one's identity. Which for some reason, we choose not to do.

Democrats say proving your identity and voter ID is racist policy.
How, exactly, is this relevant?

Do you think this priest was impersonating someone else when he voted?

If not, then how would his having an ID to confirm his identity change the fact that he was able to register to vote when he shouldn't have been?

Dems and libs argue that it's "racist." Yet they turn around and think people should have a specific ID to buy a gun. :confused:

It's weird how regulating guns is a no go because "much constitution", but regulating voting is fine even though no one is getting killed from lack of oversight voting.

Your SSID is more than enough of a unique identifier that is assigned at birth to vote. It's unconstitutional to require the additional purchase of a physical ID.

The argument is we don't know how many illegals voted and there's an easy, foolproof way to determine one's identity. Which for some reason, we choose not to do.
That is not, in fact, the argument presented in the post that I responded to.

Back