Brits, help a Yank out

Hmmm, $40 for 30 days...I would've thought they'd offer a 7 day pass to start with, at least. 200mb won't get you far, as you prolly already know.

A euro pass is like £3 per day; and £4 per day for US & Canada. I use wifi wherever I can, but I don't usually vacate for more than 7 days a time.

Mind you, there are plenty of wifi hot spots in London - pubs, bars and restaurants, as well as using the underground
I may just do that. I really only need it for Uber if I'm out travelling around. Otherwise like you said, I'm sure I can connect to wifi many places.

Be sure to check out Bricklane and Shoreditch, a hipster enclave of London, it's similar to Willaimsburg in Brooklyn in many respects. A huge variety of cool upcoming food spots and bars, the palce is also littered with graffiti from some well know artists. In fact you can even take a street art tour which I recommend.

Be sure to check out Bricklane and Shoreditch, a hipster enclave of London, it's similar to Willaimsburg in Brooklyn in many respects. A huge variety of cool upcoming food spots and bars, the palce is also littered with graffiti from some well know artists. In fact you can even take a street art tour which I recommend.
That's sounds like a good idea.. I'd probably like that. I'm used to hipsters living in Chicago

y'all motherfuckers best hold @TeTe 's pockets as a sign of respeck when he touches down in da Ingland.

You should head to Cornwall for the beaches, surf, etc. London is a headache, at least for me. Have a good time though.

I'd also through out the idea of a day trip to Brighton (where I live). It's less than £20 return and less than an hour each way so you could be back in London for the evening.

Brighton has become a shithole and less things to do there than London. Waste of a day imo.

I may just do that. I really only need it for Uber if I'm out travelling around. Otherwise like you said, I'm sure I can connect to wifi many places.

I recall stopping at a McDonalds to try to get Wifi and finding out I needed a local telephone number to access it. In London, they really like you to give them a phone number for everything. If your phone takes a sim card, consider picking up a local one when you arrive. You can get a lot more than ATT is giving you for a lot less money.

Coming from Chicago, the cold won't bother you. The air quality might. It gets really bad here sometimes. About a month and a half back it was worse here than Beijing. If you're sensitive to that sort of thing, consider emphasizing indoor activities. You can also check the forecast when you're coming an plan accordingly.

That said, my best experience in London has been walking the Southbank. The area around Tower Bridge gets particularly beautiful at night. If you're either with someone or very extroverted, a pub crawl along the Southbank might be to your liking. Pubs south of the river are way better than pubs north of the river, in my experience.

Edit: Oh, and this is very niche, if you can get away from the busiest areas after midnight, you've got a good chance of seeing a few urban foxes. I still find that very enjoyable.

Bump for more advice...

Should I go to Essex and visit Amy Childs?

Yes, I've actually watched many episodes of TOWIE.

Bump for more advice...

Should I go to Essex and visit Amy Childs?

Yes, I've actually watched many episodes of TOWIE.
a bit far from were ya staying but if you have time go to http://www.bluewater.co.uk/ in kent, full Essex chicas.

yes they are easy
yes they are orange
and yes they do speak like that

Take some deodorant and toothpaste as a barter item for emergencies.

I live in London. London's crap.
I honestly don't think I've seen you post anything remotely positive on this site ever so I'm just going to assume you're a miserable old shit.
Brighton has become a shithole and less things to do there than London. Waste of a day imo.
What did you previously like about Brighton that you no longer think is there? On a weekday when it's not invaded by tourists Brighton is still a massively chilled out, fun place to be.

The place is Full of homos and weirdos.
giphy.gif

Back