British restaurants in the US - where are they ?

On a tangent speaking as a Brit
I can't get over Americans fascinations with pancakes
I went in IHOP in Vegas and literally every single person had like a ten stack of pancakes drowned in syrup
We have pancake day here which is one day of the year...
And that's about it...

This is funny... my wife is British and she went batshit crazy for my pancakes. She had me cook them every weekend for probably the first year or two she lived here. I cook them about 5x per year now, but for a long time she was craving them like all hell.

Compared to other food, British food just sucks... many countries have cuisines: the French, the Italians, the Mexicans, the Lebanese, etc... the Brits have maybe 5 dishes that are just ok, but won't make me choose it above any other cuisine...

I went in IHOP in Vegas and literally every single person had like a ten stack of pancakes drowned in syrup
And that's about it...

Haha it not that we eat pancakes often .Its that you were in an IHOP.
That's what you go to IHOP for.

International House Of Pancakes.
To go there and not order pancakes would be retarded.

The few Americans I have known and lived here in England loved the food and had no complaints and 99% of the people on here slating it have never even been here so it's like saying what a car drives like yet never actually having drove it, pointless opinion.

While I think personally our 'traditional' British meals are pretty shit other than Shephards pie with brown sauce if anyone came here they would easily find what they like because on every corner there is an Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Italian restaurant and they are all great.

Even local greasy take away places for the yanks ;)

Not of the kind of thing posted in this thread perhaps but trust me native british food can be far superior to that.
Hey I'm not opposed to good food, no matter it's country of origin. If you've got some good dishes to recommend, I'll seek them out.

Why would anyone want to eat that crap

We have a British Tea Room in the Philadelphia suburbs. My mom's from Ireland and she seems to like it.

British food has gotten a lot better but you have to go to Britain and actually eat British food to know it.

Lol at Americans thinking British food amounts to egg and beans!

And that's about it...

Maybe its because you were in the international house of PANCAKES

British and German food suffer from the same problem and it isn't taste. It all looks gray and brown. It's not appetizing in appearance. Some respected chef is known for saying you taste with your eyes first. It's just a turn off.

a full english breakfast is awesome and i think it would sell well in the u.s. too. fish n chips as well. but.. that's just two dishes, and a full english breakfast is easy af to make at home.

savory pies probably wouldnt gain that much traction with the general public

I got one spot called Toad in the Hole near me that is straight fire. Anyone looking down on bangers & mash should be slapped, and forced to become a man. That's some real man food.

Granted, if all you have eaten was a garbage execution of pub food which most of it is you may think different. This food can be done right at an establishment that cares however.

Dude, we're all fat enough. We don't need to be eating mashed potatoes for every meal.

The few Americans I have known and lived here in England loved the food and had no complaints and 99% of the people on here slating it have never even been here so it's like saying what a car drives like yet never actually having drove it, pointless opinion.

While I think personally our 'traditional' British meals are pretty shit other than Shephards pie with brown sauce if anyone came here they would easily find what they like because on every corner there is an Indian, Chinese, Mexican, Italian restaurant and they are all great.

Even local greasy take away places for the yanks ;)

" I think our traditional British meals are shit"

Isn't that the kinda the point ? I don't think anybody thinks its impossible to get good food in the country , only that traditional " British " food is underwhelming.

Why would you have a British food themed restaurant that specialized in Indian food ?

Back