British nickname? (Britishggtfih)

He's asking about communicating with a guy from London.

It's evident this thread is about UK nicknames; I've heard 'mush' but I'm not a Londoner, apparently Londoners use it too.

Again, read the title and nowhere does TS ask for only London nicknames.

They spread.

It's a pretty common way to address someone who you like and admire but still feel the need to remain respectfully formal towards. If you'd like to break the ice a bit then the respectful way to reply the next time he refers to you as guvnor is to call him an "adorable mockney slag" while pinching his cheek and you'll be well on the way towards bff.

Bromance incoming. You're welcome!

It's evident this thread is about UK nicknames; I've heard 'mush' but I'm not a Londoner, apparently Londoners use it too.

Again, read the title and nowhere does TS ask for only London nicknames.

They spread.

He didn't ask for any nicknames, he asked if it's weird this guy calling him "gov'nar". The thread is about that specific nickname. That is what is evident, if you actually bothered to read the thread, and not just the title.

He specifically says he's communicating with a guy from London, that is what the thread is about. He didn't ask for people to give him nicknames.

There are a lot that are used nationally, there are a lot that are local. I thought mush was one of them, which is why I asked. Evidently it is not. It seems answering a simple question is a challenge for some people.

This does kind of play into the US fantasy that the UK is trapped in some kind of victorian time warp full of chimney sweps and boot lacks, generally when this kind of language is used by younger people its in jest, albeit sounds like friendly jest here.

This does kind of play into the US fantasy that the UK is trapped in some kind of victorian time warp full of chimney sweps and boot lacks, generally when this kind of language is used by younger people its in jest, albeit sounds like friendly jest here.

Dunno why, it reminds me of

Back