British boxer dies after win

don't know what your axe is to grind but if the damage and death is a problem, as i said, other sports would need to go at the same time or before boxing. MMA included if that's what you're particular thing is. MMA has been fairly lucky, haven't been many in the ring fatalities to kill the sport especially during the periods where a death would have killed it but i watched from the beginning. Guys were getting shit dislocated, eyes poked out and serious concussions. The deaths in MMA will come as the sport develops i guarantee it. It's still got the air of a fringe sport, meaning not on the level of the other pro sports so the comp and the number of fights isn't at a level where alot of deaths will occur but give it time.

The simplicity and lack of variety make it boring.

The huge gloves, shoes and belly protection make it lame.

It's nowhere near actual combat.

It's just a sport for simple brutes. Violence is no issue.

You should work on getting your hands better. You like to kick and grapple but you seem to be lacking in the boxing dept in the way that you describe it as such a simplicity.

It's understandable to take issue with something you feel inferior to. Speaking of simple. you're using a very simpleton/immature way of thinking, but it's understandable to act superior to something you're actually afraid of b/c you're not good at it or just unfamiliar with it. Very phobic vibe coming from you, for sure. If you understood boxing better, you'd appreciate it more. Maybe you should try that?

We're here to help if you want any suggestions on great fights, the ins and outs of the technical aspect. Most of us are more than willing to help you if you'd like to try to understand the sweet science better. Or you can keep spouting this uninformed bullshit that makes you look dumber than you actually are (at least I hope you're not actually this stupid).

I think I know which option you'll go with but I'm always down for a pleasant surprise. :)

Your name represents you well. A pompous speaking wanna be intellect with obvious blunt trauma to the brain. A basic man in love with a basic sport.

Skilled hands don't need pillows to protect them and make them 3 times larger. Extra padding and grip is for basic amatures of combat. Limited offense and ways out of action with pathetic defensive tactics seen as intelligent by the so called professionals of the sport is an absolute joke.

Sweet science is a cute little name.

Hahahaha, wow. You really seem upset. Was I little too on the nose with my assessment of you, bud? The fact that you think I want to sound intellectual shows how bad you are with words, and grown up interactions in general. Not to mention you can't, or refuse to, make a coherent explanation as to why you have so much disdain for this sport. Ah shit my bad, is coherent too "intellectual" for you to understand? Disdain too much for you to comprehend? Is comprehend another one that's too much for you to wrap your hollow head around? This really makes you angry doesn't it? Imagine if a really smart person was fucking with you, lol.

You are a marionette to me. I play with you like a toy. You fall back on "uhh pillows, pathetic defense, you're trying to sound too smart I don't get why you talk like that. I don't like it!" It says a lot about you. You're manipulated so easily by a few words that you find to be "pompous and intellectual." In actuality they're just ordinary things that most ppl write/say on a daily basis to communicate with others who aren't.... uhh...... morons. I saw you as the mark that you are. I did what all decent posters do and messed with you b/c you were being a cunt. It was more than obvious that you'd comeback with some shit excuse of a response and embarrass yourself more. Your odd inferiority complex is even more obvious to whoever bothers to read your pathetic drivel. Thanks for being a small source of entertainment for a bit.

Oh and btw I didn't name boxing the sweet science, it's been around a looong time. Yet another example showing how little you actually know about pugilism. (Psst: I didn't come up with pugilism either). Am I trying to sound too smart for you again? Go back to posting memes in the heavies, ya dumb fuck.

Suffering a bad concussion early on made me reconsider boxing, and this is ultimately one of the reasons why I stopped competing. Too brutal. Boxing is definitely not for everyone.

Since you shared. I was once outnumbered by some cowards years ago, and I know everyone hates a street fight story, but 3 against 1 is a hard fight I lost, they held me face down to pavement after a scuffle, all bigger than me so they eventually won and then beat on the back and side of my head when I couldn't defend, and I have to say the experience of being beaten unconscious like that was the most terrifying experience ever. I don't think I could ever box (even though I find the sport genuinely fascinating and almost have a child like desire to compete even though my "window" is passed), I scream at the TV when a fight needs stopping and the goddamn ref won't do the job.

I wrestled in HS/College and most my young life, and I legit don't think I have the balls to box. That's a different breed's sport.

Very sad when it happens. It just highlights that boxing can have serious consequences for your health and that I have the utmost respect for anyone that steps into that ring knowing what might happen.

V true, and as someone who has never boxed but is a fan I always try to remember this when giving my opinion on the sport.

Dude only had like 9 fights? I tried to remember that this kind of stuff happens when I fought. I only had 6 fights and it could've been me. Luckily for me I don't have a great chin so I didn't go through many sustained beatings in matches. But it's what we sign up for. I accepted that I could die in a match. I've heard of people dying in sparring as well.

I always thought it odd when people acted outraged over Tyson biting Holyfield's ear. They didn't really get that they bash each others brains often until one of them can't get up and sometimes they die.

Maybe because it's against the rules and not what they signed up for? I'd be pretty pissed if my opponent tried to bite me in a boxing match. Or tried to punch me in a grappling match. Or tried to armbar me in a muay thai match.

Since you shared. I was once outnumbered by some cowards years ago, and I know everyone hates a street fight story, but 3 against 1 is a hard fight I lost, they held me face down to pavement after a scuffle, all bigger than me so they eventually won and then beat on the back and side of my head when I couldn't defend, and I have to say the experience of being beaten unconscious like that was the most terrifying experience ever. I don't think I could ever box (even though I find the sport genuinely fascinating and almost have a child like desire to compete even though my "window" is passed), I scream at the TV when a fight needs stopping and the goddamn ref won't do the job.

I wrestled in HS/College and most my young life, and I legit don't think I have the balls to box. That's a different breed's sport.

Yeah, boxed for 10 years and fought twice professionally. I thought I was pretty gritty and tough, but even as a professional i'd still be in awe of high - elite level pros. Where I eventually succumbed mentally, due to the strenuous regimen of training and sparring, these guys push through it well into their 30s and 40s. They really are a different breed.

It is always sad when that happens and thoughts go out to his family but its a risk boxers and professional fighters know and take everyday.

everything has risks involved, work has risk involved, people die everyday, unheralded in everyday workplace accidents and as dangerous as work is, an old wiser guy in the steel mill used to tell me that people died in their own homes in accidents at an even higher rate.

everything has risks involved, work has risk involved, people die everyday, unheralded in everyday workplace accidents and as dangerous as work is, an old wiser guy in the steel mill used to tell me that people died in their own homes in accidents at an even higher rate.

Speaking of dying in steel mills: One of my great great grandfathers worked in a steel mill. Story goes one day a machine or something broke, a piece of steel went flying, caved his chest in, killed him on the spot.

I was busy busting some nerd's balls the other day for shitting on boxing in a thread about a guy who just passed away so that pissed me off a bit. Only a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: would do some shit like that.

Didn't realize I forgot to pay respects of my own, tho. Young guy, apparently was a good dude, boxed for the love of the sport. This sport can kill ya, it doesn't happen often but when it does it's obv very tragic, esp when it happens to somebody who's just doing it b/c they love it and there's not much money involved. Thoughts go out to his loved ones.

Rest In Peace, Scott.

You should write a book. Keep looking me up. Get some rest and heal up that brain damage.

So wait..i dont get it..your agaisnt combat sports..yet you have an account on sherdog.???...who the fuck does that..

Go join reddit..theyll be waiting for your ass over there

Speaking of dying in steel mills: One of my great great grandfathers worked in a steel mill. Story goes one day a machine or something broke, a piece of steel went flying, caved his chest in, killed him on the spot.

I was busy busting some nerd's balls the other day for shitting on boxing in a thread about a guy who just passed away so that pissed me off a bit. Only a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: would do some shit like that.

Didn't realize I forgot to pay respects of my own, tho. Young guy, apparently was a good dude, boxed for the love of the sport. This sport can kill ya, it doesn't happen often but when it does it's obv very tragic, esp when it happens to somebody who's just doing it b/c they love it and there's not much money involved. Thoughts go out to his loved ones.

Rest In Peace, Scott.
the steel mill was a helluva introduction to adulthood for me, I was 19, immature, stupid, insecure and scared of everything. those guys would see that and tease me about stories of guys losing fingers and toes which was common, less common were fatalities but that happened too, one right after I quit. I always tell people it was like working in hell. miserable assed men, dirty work, fairly good pay but horrible environment. sometimes I want to find some of the old bosses wherever they might be in a resthome and roll their asses down some stairs.

So wait..i dont get it..your agaisnt combat sports..yet you have an account on sherdog.???...who the fuck does that..

Go join reddit..theyll be waiting for your ass over there
I wasn't going to get to into arguing with that person, I figured he was just another mma superfan who had it in for boxing because they thought mma is so much better. I really wish they could keep that stuff on their side of sherdog but they can't help themselves.

I wasn't going to get to into arguing with that person, I figured he was just another mma superfan who had it in for boxing because they thought mma is so much better. I really wish they could keep that stuff on their side of sherdog but they can't help themselves.

Well im combat sport fan..and like boxing.kickboxing and mma .jj..wrestling.everything..but its just idiotic to have problems with one more then other..there all equally dangerous for there own reasons.. Any combat sport has a window for death,as all martial arts or fight styles came from life or death situations in the past and progressively became more "sport like"over time..

Sad.

It's time for boxing to go. It's an absolutely pathetic form of combat. Shoes...big silly gloves which help people protect their hands while causing more brain damage. Stupid belly protection. Just punching.

It's a sport for retards. The only thing keeping it alive are the old men with money that love to gamble and grew up watching this pathetic form of combat.

It's only a matter of time before this basic sport is gone.
Ironically, you have one of the worst boxers to get a title shot in history in your profile pic.
a man who is 0-1 against a retired corpse with broken hands that is significantly smaller than him in every physical aspect.
I don't really like either of these guys, but no need to feel pity for him since he earned more than enough money for that embarrassment.

Oh, and rooting for underdog T-city to beat Edgar for the torch pass!

the steel mill was a helluva introduction to adulthood for me, I was 19, immature, stupid, insecure and scared of everything. those guys would see that and tease me about stories of guys losing fingers and toes which was common, less common were fatalities but that happened too, one right after I quit. I always tell people it was like working in hell. miserable assed men, dirty work, fairly good pay but horrible environment. sometimes I want to find some of the old bosses wherever they might be in a resthome and roll their asses down some stairs.

Worked in a steel forgery as a welder/maintenance mechanic. Hell is perfect description, especially for young people just getting into the line of work and being banished to 3rd shift the first time of their life. Mandatory overtimes, cancelled weekends, and constant burns and injury.

Worked in a steel forgery as a welder/maintenance mechanic. Hell is perfect description, especially for young people just getting into the line of work and being banished to 3rd shift the first time of their life. Mandatory overtimes, cancelled weekends, and constant burns and injury.
ya, we had no union at that time so they'd tell us to work the weekend not ask. I wasted a lot of the money i made, never on anything particularly bad, just never knew how to manage money. I also gained about 30 pounds of fat in a few months because i was so unhappy.

Sad stuff. RIP

ya, we had no union at that time so they'd tell us to work the weekend not ask. I wasted a lot of the money i made, never on anything particularly bad, just never knew how to manage money. I also gained about 30 pounds of fat in a few months because i was so unhappy.
Anyway to wear headphones? I imagine time would go by faster if you could listen to music or podcasts.

Back