Bridge to terabithia

It's depressing? I thought it was a kids' fantasy story.

I'll spoil it for you (if it hadn't been spoiled already). It's about childhood loss of a friend and how a kid deals with grief and guilt.

It's not sugar coated nor does it use a dog as a proxy or stand-in for another child but deals directly with the topic.

Great book. Also depressing as fuck. Haven't watched the movie but for a story involving childhood death from the perspective of the child, the only more depressing is Grave of the Fireflies.

You can finish reading this in a single afternoon. Maybe a couple hours at most. Just thinking about it gets me a little teary eyed. Very powerful children's book. Do yourself a favor and read it. I'll expect a book report by Monday.

I'll spoil it for you (if it hadn't been spoiled already). It's about childhood loss of a friend and how a kid deals with grief and guilt.

It's not sugar coated nor does it use a dog as a proxy or stand-in for another child but deals directly with the topic.

Great book. Also depressing as fuck. Haven't watched the movie but for a story involving childhood death from the perspective of the child, the only more depressing is Grave of the Fireflies.

You can finish reading this in a single afternoon. Maybe a couple hours at most. Just thinking about it gets me a little teary eyed. Very powerful children's book. Do yourself a favor and read it. I'll expect a book report by Monday.

Hmm. I appreciate the breakdown.

I am not opposed to books (or movies for that matter) that are geared toward younger audiences--I just read The Giver for the first time a few years ago--but I generally don't go for depressing shit.

Dude, the trailer did a massive disservice to the story. That was some bullshit to trick the Narnia crowd in to buying tickets. The book is a great story that covers some heavy topics for the kids it's targeted for. This and Where the Red Fern Grows were two books I am very happy I read in school.

pls dont remind me of this book
<mma1><mma1>

Back