Brian Stann: when Jon Jones fought vladimir matyushenko he didn't even know how to pass the guard

I felt SO bad for Vladimir after the beating he took in that fight.

Imagine both arms and legs pinned with Jones crashing elbows into your skull with no way of getting out...can't even really tap in that position.

Because of this...you might have to eat a few more life changing elbows.

The ref literally has to stop cringing long enough to jump in and save you from the strike that would turn you into a regular customer at CAT-Scans-R-US.

I think team Bomb Squad probably taught him a little something about passing the guard though.

you're not aware lol. you have no evidence to support this. ill take stanns claims over yours. come on little guy, you're not a master at reading people

Children understand exaggeration. You don't need to be a master of anything to grasp it.

It's difficult for fanbois.

I have plenty more sources that say jones barely trains.

What does this have to do with his ability to pass guard or Stann's exaggeration?

I have plenty more sources that say jones barely trains. ill just send them your way 1 by 1

This does not prove Stann's comments. You're now talking about something else.

You're really bad at this.

and no one thinks Stann looks like the prototypical steroid user? And he quit at just about the right time too. Pretty easy to speak out now, he's not going to be tested again.

well after his first USADA-era win he popped. so there's your explanation for what stann is saying.

What does this have to do with his ability to pass guard or Stann's exaggeration?

This does not prove Stann's comments. You're now talking about something else.

You're really bad at this
read the article. I think you're just having a hard time accepting that a guy who barely trains can totally cuck seasoned veterans.

[timestamped]

Jones is a freak. proof that
pure athleticism > actual technique and experience in MMA

also: "when Jones first came into the gym, he knew nothing and still kicked everyones ass"
[Timestamped]

His hellbows don't need to pass guard.

Community college wrestling like Cain. Both guys wrestled at ICCC. Cain just happened to go onto ASU. Jon was being recruited by D1 schools in Iowa(top 5 programs at the time). Jones decided to move on to mma, though, because he knocked his gf up, and he thought that would be a good way to pay the bills.
This right here.

Look at Jones even back during Gustaffson. He looks skinny as hell. He's pretty huge now, from Cormier on. Right after he started posting bodybuilding pics, wasn't it? Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if Jones were clean up until after his car crash fiasco.

how do u know he's exaggerating. were u there?
There are right around 0 people who have been training for over 3 years for professional MMA who haven't been taught to pass guard. Plus, he did pass Matyushenko's guard, and tied up one arm in the perfect textbook way instructors teach you to. Almost nobody tells stories exactly as they happen, most people exaggerate to make their stories better.

There are right around 0 people who have been training for over 3 years for professional MMA who haven't been taught to pass guard. Plus, he did pass Matyushenko's guard, and tied up one arm in the perfect textbook way instructors teach you to. Almost nobody tells stories exactly as they happen, most people exaggerate to make their stories better.
hey Jones is the first

mattriddle_jonjones_wrestlingtourney.jpg

Derek Lewis and bob sapp.

also mark hunt didn't know how to pass the guard in his firsthand 3 years

Jon Jones is such a complete and such a gifted fighter. His Muay Thai is really good and his wrestling is insane, I remember him just suplexing and throwing guys around like they were little kids. Shame his mma career hasnt always been on track bet even then he went through a muderer's hell to defend his belt

If 2nd grade taught me anything it is that height and blackness are the two best indicators of fighting ability. Then when I turned 14 I extended my cluelessness regarding "NBA=best athlete ever" meme to MMA and made "A level athletes in the NBA would dominate if they trained 2 days of TDD" threads non-stop. I have never trained in my life nor do I have a clue about anything martial arts related.

I am now a Jon Jones fan, despite his wealth of historical combat experience totally demolishing my narrative that training is pointless. Yep, he didn't know how to pass guard or anything. He won the title solely on tallness and blackness/vindicating the Gatorade sponsored worldview I learned when I was 7. Also, growing a beard makes you a better fighter.

/either normal 7 year old mentality or psychologically challenged 25 year old mentality, take your pick

Derek Lewis and bob sapp.

also mark hunt didn't know how to pass the guard in his firsthand 3 years

Sapp passed Takayama's guard.

Lewis passed Pesta's guard.

I'll even count Hunt's atomic butt drop as a guard pass

Back