Brian Stann joins PFL to lead competition/rules committee

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
The PFL has recruited Brian Stann to help with its upcoming 2018 season.

On Thursday, the league announced that Stann has signed on to be the head of its Fighter and Competition/Rules Committee. Stann, 37, fought professionally for seven years, becoming a champion in the World Extreme Cagefighting promotion and a contender in the UFC.

“I am excited to be a part of the PFL in its vision to bring a new format and a new platform to professional MMA,” Stann said in a press release. “I know first-hand the dedication, discipline, and professionalism it takes to be an MMA athlete, and I am happy to contribute to their ability to compete at the highest level.”

Following his retirement in March 2013, Stann drew critical acclaim for his work as a member of the FOX Sports and UFC broadcast team. He is also recognized for his service in the United States Marine Corps.

PFL chief executive officer Pete Murray spoke glowingly of Stann.

“I couldn’t be more excited that Brian has brought his expertise and passion for MMA to the PFL,” Murray said in the release. “Brian will be instrumental in helping the PFL build the Fighter and Competition/Rules Committee and fulfill our vision of being a ‘fighter first’ league. His resume is as impressive as his character and he will play an important role in maintaining the standards of professionalism that the PFL brings to the sport.”

Formerly known as the World Series of Fighting, the PFL re-branded itself last year and is currently set to launch its 2018 season starting on June 7 at the Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The league is structuring itself to have a regular season and playoffs featuring six different weight classes, with the best of each division battling for a $1,000,000 prize at the end of the season.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/5/...joins-pfl-to-lead-competition-rules-committee

So are PFL in it to win it or are they under the same leadership that was in bed with the UFC?

So are PFL in it to win it or are they under the same leadership that was in bed with the UFC?
Was thinking the same, how long before this crumbles not sure if there gonna do better than WSOF. I think WSOF best event did less than 300,000 viewers.

Was thinking the same, how long before this crumbles not sure if there gonna do better than WSOF. I think WSOF best event did less than 300,000 viewers.

Actually had two events in the million viewer range (were on Network).

I wonder if his math skills have improved. I seem to recall him thinking someone needed a stoppage to win a fight because of a point deduction(I want to say it was in a 5 round fight or something too)

Shit how much money do these guys have? Not only 1 million bucks for 10 winners but the likes of Bas, Randy and Stann can't come cheap. Do they really have the backing or are they putting everything into the first few shows and hoping it picks up massive interest to fund the rest of the series?

Back